Choosing smart lights for your home may be the smartest investment you’ll ever make this year. Not only will the best WiFi light bulbs significantly cut down on your electricity bills, but the best smart bulbs for Google home as well as the best smart bulbs for Alexa are designed to optimize utility. Smart lights also promote your security and convenience whether you are at home or 1,000 miles away.
In this review, we round up 10 of the best wifi light bulbs you should take the time to check out. Then, we place their key features side-by-side for a quick comparison of the added benefits you can expect but also list any possible limitations. Finally, we give you a guide that you can use when you’re ready to shop around for the best smart lights for your crib.
10 Best Smart Lights To Own
So, if you’re ready, here is a table summarizing the best smart lighting products that you can find online and in stores. Make sure to scroll further for product details and to learn more about what features you should be looking for when shopping for the best WiFi light bulbs.
Top 10 Best Smart Lights
Detailed below are key information about each product listed in the table above. These will help you make your final purchase decision about which of these best smart lights is most suitable to your budget, use, and requirements.
1. Wyze Bulb 800 Lumen A19 LED Smart Home Light Bulb
- Works with Alexa and Google Assistant
- Adjustable brightness and color temperature
- Dimmable and color temperature range between 2,700k and 6,500k
- Option to switch on or off individually or with other Wyze lights
Fully automated and app-based features allows you to take control of your home’s lighting right in the palm of your hand. What makes the Wyze Bulb the Best Overall pick in this list of the best smart lights is a combination of key functionalities that permits you to customize your home lighting depending on your personal preferences and day-to-day moods.
Moreover, its compatibility with both Google Assistant and Alexa makes it an economical choice for whatever system your smart home is running in. Not only that, app-based control adds security to your home. Turn on the lights remotely to make it look like you’re not away, therefore deterring intruders. Finally, at 800 lumens and just 9.5 watts of electricity consumption, this is, without doubt, the best wifi light bulb that makes you enjoy the most advanced smart bulb features at a fair price point.
- This smart bulb is easy to install.
- It has a broad compatibility with a wide range of smart home systems.
- Since it runs on a web-based app, it lets you control your home lights remotely.
- A hub is not required to operate this product.
- It offers advanced smart features at an average price point.
- Repeated disconnection from Wyze servers may affect utility.
- Functionality may be affected by the strength of wifi signal.
- App requires more up-to-date mobile phone models.
2. Philips Hue White 2-Pack A19 LED Smart Bulb
- Works with a broad range of smart home systems, including Alexa. Google Assistant, and Apple Home
- Maximum life hours of up to 25 000 hours
- Provides remote access to your home lighting
- Auto set lighting to Bright, Dimmed, or Nightlight
Customers with smart homes operating on Google Assistant have indicated this as the best smart bulbs for Google Home for value at a premium price point. At the same time, it also consistently makes it to the list of the best smart bulbs for Alexa, and is fully compatible with Apple’s iOS system. So. if you’re looking to add to the smart lighting system that you already own, you shouldn’t encounter any issues making sure that this product will run with what you already have.
In case you’re only beginning to transform your crib into a smart house, you should take note that the Philips Hue Hub is one of the best smart bulbs for Alexa and Google Home. So, it’s worth your time and effort to check out, even when that means you may have to spend more than what you’ve budgeted for a single smart bulb. When you’re after durability and advanced functionality and are willing to shell out extra, this product is the one best suited for your satisfaction. After all, you’ll be owning a prestigious collection from Philips, the inventors of smart lighting itself.
- This product runs on both WiFi and Bluetooth environments.
- It is easy to install and operate.
- App-based controls allow you to easily set mood lighting at the palm of your hands.
- It will run even without the Philips Hue Hub and other Hue ecosystem accessories.
- The bulb’s lifespan typically exceeds the maximum 2 years of ordinary LED.
- This product requires an additional investment on a Philips Hue Hub to maximize functionalities.
- The app works best up to 5 smart bulbs only, and any more than that will require a Hue Hub for the products to work seamlessly with the app.
- It requires a significant investment to light up your home, most especially when you need several units and a hub.
3. Geeni LUX 800 Dimmable A19 White LED Smart Home Light Bulbs
- Compatible with Alexa, Google Assistant, and Microsoft Cortana
- Web-based app-enabled allows remote site access to home lighting
- App is compatible with both Android and iOS systems
- Enables scheduled lighting setup
- Lighting equivalent to a 60-watt incandescent bulb
Looking for more quality options at a more reasonable price? Check out the Geeni LUX 800 Dimmable A19. Just like other products in this list of the best smart lights, it allows you to set the schedule for when your lights should be switched on and off. Moreover, you never have to leave your home dark even when you’re away. This product allows you to turn on your lights remotely wherever you may be.
- This product adds security to your home by ensuring lights are on even when you’re away.
- Online chat support is available for installation and troubleshooting.
- It has a voice-enabled control feature that allows hands-free operation.
- This unit does not require a hub to be operated seamlessly.
- This product requires 2.4 GHz WiFi for seamless operation and for multiple connections to work
- The bulb heats up when left on for several hours.
- The product is not compatible for networks running on 5G.
4. Feit Electric BR30Read Customer Reviews Here >>>
- Adjustable color temperature range between 2700K and 6500K range
- Compatible with Alexa and Google Assistant
- Lighting color is available in a wide range of hues
- Lifespan of up to 25 000 hours of use
If a space in your home can use mood lighting, this one could be it. However, its brightness is limited relative to other products included in this list of best smart lights. So, while it may be appropriate for your bedroom, it may not be suitable for lighting up common areas where brighter lights are more desirable, such as your dirty kitchen.
- This product fits standard light sockets.
- Made by a manufacturer with 40+ years of experience in lighting.
- Multi-colored light settings permit custom moods for every space, regardless of your day-to-day preferences.
- Unlike many other lighting products, this one does not emit UV and infrared rays.
- This product produces only 650 lumens and, thus, may be unsuitable for larger spaces.
- It requires 2.4 GHz WiFi to be operated seamlessly and avoid disconnection issues.
5. TP-Link Kasa Smart Light BulbRead Customer Reviews Here >>>
- Color-changing RGB light hues add a wider range of mood lighting
- Web-based app works on both iOS and Android
- Voice command compatibility with Alexa, Google Assistant, and Microsoft Cortana
- Schedule lighting for your home
Another product that is fast becoming a big hit when it comes to smart home lighting is this product from Kasa. Unlike most other best smart lights in this list, this product is not limited to the usual bright white, warm white, and yellow light hues offered by most smart bulbs. Instantly change the mood of any room in your house by choosing from a wider list of RGB lighting.
Furthermore, you can afford to keep changing your room color without flexing a muscle. Simply download the app and tap. Don’t forget that you can also use voice control to get anything you want done with your smart light.
- The product feature a multicolor lighting system.
- The app provides an option for scheduling when to switch lights on or off.
- This brand has been deemed the next of the best smart bulbs for Alexa.
- It allows multiple unit controls at the single touch of a button.
- Owning several of these bulbs does not require hub installation.
- This product requires a 2.4 GH WiFi connection for seamless operation.
- Each unit consumes 10.5 watts, which is a little more than others, to produce 800 lumens.
- The app requires your location which is a red flag if privacy is a priority.
6. LIFX Mini 800-Lumen LED Light BulbRead Customer Reviews Here >>>
- One billion color options and mood lighting for your space
- Plug and play installation makes set up easy
- Product life span of up to 22.8 years
- Compatible with Alexa, Google Home, Apple HomeKit, and more smart home systems
- Dim or brighten up any space
Based on its makers’ claims, each unit is about 20% more energy-efficient than its closest competitor. When you’re searching for the best smart lights to help you save up on energy bills, this one really deserves your attention. Besides promoting savings, this product is also hip, young, vibrant, and (are you ready for this?) makes up to 1 billion colors possible! In addition, Its slim dimensions will make it less obtrusive for even the small rooms in your home.
- This product does not require a hub to set up and control several units of LIFX Mini.
- Each unit is made to last harsher outdoor conditions.
- Current users have reported disconnection issues which may indicate weak servers.
- Controlling several bulbs at once is possible but may not always work.
7. Philips Hue 551788 Filament Smart Light BulbRead Customer Reviews Here >>>
- Vintage design and feel that adds nostalgia to your living space
- Light emitted matches a 2100K spectrum
- See-through make resembles Edison bulbs intended to be shown, not hidden
- Voice-control set up possible
- Enables timing set up for your home
In case you are specifically looking for something that looks older to fit the retro design and ambiance of your home, but still want the convenience, security, and functionality of a smart bulb, this is the product for you. When it comes to the most up-to-date tech and capabilities for smart home lighting, you can trust Philips to deliver. After all, this is already the second Philips model on this list of the best smart lights.
- This product runs on both WiFi and Bluetooth connections.
- Each unit is energy-efficient, consuming only 7 watts, although it delivers just 550 lumens.
- It can be used under the harsher outdoor conditions but it requires a cover to last longer.
- This product requires investing on a Philips Hue Hub to maximize functionality and operate multiple units.
- It may not be suitable for lighting up larger spaces.
- Color hue is fixed and satisfaction with lighting is highly subjective.
8. Sengled BR30 Dimmable Smart LED Light BulbsRead Customer Reviews Here >>>
- Voice-control enabled
- Compatible with Alexa, Google Assistant, Samsung SmartThings, and many other smart home systems
- Remotely turn your lights on even when away from home
- Scheduled lighting
Ranked 9 among the best smart lights, the Sengled BR30 Dimmable Smart LED Light Bulb is almost as good as the Wyze Bulb 800 Lumen, the Best Overall Pick in this review of the best smart lights. Except, this one emits up to 650 lumens only. The other downside is that it requires an additional investment in a hub to make it work properly.
- It uses up to 80% less energy than most other smart bulbs, based on the manufacturer’s claim.
- Web-based app permits grouping several units of Sengled lights and controlling all of which at the same time.
- This product requires a hub to be operated on remotely using the app.
- It may not be suitable for larger rooms or, rooms that require brighter lighting.
- All household members share just one account to control the lights.
9. C by GE A19 LED Smart Light BulbRead Customer Reviews Here >>>
- Multi-color bulb creates millions of light shades for mood lighting any space
- Light switch on and off scheduling
- App-based remote access made possible
- Works on Bluetooth technology
- Compatible with Alexa, Google Assistant, and Apple HomeKit
Another smart bulb from a well-trusted brand, the GE A19 Full Color Smart Bulb lights up your room according to your fancy. It is Bluetooth-enabled rather than WiFi dependent which improves reliability of connection to your smart device. It also allows you to use your standard 60-watt sockets which equals savings. However, the downside is you will need a hub to improve seamless integration with your smart home system.
- This product fits traditional medium base sockets for 60-watt, non-smart bulbs.
- It works on Bluetooth and does not depend on a WiFi connection to stay functional.
- Brightness and color temperature can be adjusted.
- A hub is required to ensure smooth operation.
- It requires purchasing the GE Smart Plug to enable Alexa and Google Home voice control.
10. SYLVANIA SMART+ Adjustable White and Full Color BulbRead Customer Reviews Here >>>
- Over 16 million light shades possible
- Remote access and control
- Scheduled lighting on and off
- Works with Alexa and Google Home
- Lifespan of up to 20 000 hours
The last in this list of best smart lights for your home, this product adds endless possibilities when mood lighting any part of your house with the touch of a button. The downside is that the app does not allow you to save the shades you love so you can apply easily again next time. If you’re not looking to fully automate your living space, this may not be the best option. However, if you are and you’re ready to shell out extra for buying a hub then, this one may just be the smart bulb for you.
- It has been deemed easy to install and use by several users.
- Fully adjustable color range delivers mood lighting to your preferred shade.
- Emits a wide range of colors between 2700K and 6500K.
- This product requires connection to a ZigBee Hub, specifically compatible products are Amazon Echo Plus, Wink, and SmartThings.
- It delivers 800 lumens using 60 watts, which is significantly higher than most other smart bulbs giving off 800 lumens of brightness.
- The app does not allow you to save your light color and dim settings.
- Each unit is suitable for indoor use only.
Best Smart Lights For Your Home: Buying Guide
There are key features to look for when shopping for the best smart bulbs for Google Home or Alexa. In fact, the best wifi light bulbs exhibit compatibility with other smart home systems, which usually include Apple and Samsung. In any case, having a reliable WiFi connection installed at home ensures that you can maximize the features of your smart lights.
Use the following checklist not only to find the best smart lights suited for your home, home system, and purpose but also to make sure you are getting the best bang for your buck:
Compare lumens emitted and the wattage of the units you have added to your shortlist. The lumens indicate the brightness of the light emitted. The higher the measure of lumens, the brighter the smart bulb will be.
To ensure that brighter light does not redound to a higher cost of electricity, however, you need to check how much energy the smart bulb uses to emit that much brightness. When it comes to judging energy consumption, look at the watts. Higher value means that the product consumes more energy. Still, take note that judging if a product is energy-efficient requires that you compare the wattage with other brands or models providing the same level of brightness.
Compatibility With Your Smart Home System
It cannot be emphasized more thoroughly that you must only consider buying a product that is supported by your home system, that is if you already have one installed. There’s nothing more disappointing than buying a dozen bulbs in one go only to find out later that the brand and model you bought right off of Amazon or your in-store warehouse is not supported by your smart home system.
That’s why, it’s always best to check on compatibility but also, at least try one unit on your system and give yourself time to observe how it performs over a considerable period of time, say, for a month, before buying more. Take note that even the best smart lights are unable to gauge optimal compatibility across all available home systems even when yours is written on the package.
So, don’t get overly excited to buy several units until you’ve tried one yourself.
Capability To Provide A Range Of Lighting Options
One way to get the best value for your money is to make sure that you’re getting a product that can be adjusted to deliver a range of different lighting moods for every corner of your home. That’s because this feature helps you save up on old-world home lighting equipment and accessories.
In non-Smart homes, separate installation of bright white lights, warm lights, and dim lights, apart from the downlights and other lighting options are required to achieve mood lighting. So, when you’re going for a truly smart home, you should only shop for the best smart lights that provide the right combination of lighting which, simultaneously, allows you to do away with having to install and maintain so many lighting products all at once.
Go ahead and search for user reviews and testimonials about the best smart lights you have in mind. Find out what honest reviews have to say about each one.
More specifically, you should look for any connection issues users are facing. That’s because part of excellent after-sales support for smart bulbs is that the manufacturer ensures that servers servicing their apps and the bulbs that they sell are always up and running. Reliability should never be an issue, most especially when your home’s and your family’s safety depend on it.
Other Technical Requirements
Beyond compatibility with your smart home system, you should check out what the best smart lights on your shopping list require to run smoothly. A common suspect is the requirement of a hub. Without which, seamless operation, most especially when you are running several smart bulbs from the same brand around your home, product performance may become unstable or unpredictable.
Still others require special sockets and switches for your smart bulbs to be properly set up. So, do take your time to get to know the products better and how each one can be set up and run seamlessly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Do You Need A Hub For Smart Lights?
A: Whether or not you need a hub, also called a “bridge,” depends on the product that you’re planning to buy. Some of the products on this list of the best smart lights require a hub to harness its full functionality and ensure seamless performance. Others, however, do not require a hub. In general, if you are planning on setting up a system of multiple, usually more than 5 units, smart bulbs, a hub may enhance product operation and connectivity.
Q: Do Smart Bulbs Work Without WiFi?
A: Some of the best wifi light bulbs covered in this review, such as the Philips Hue, can remain functional without WiFi. In fact, it can also run on Bluetooth technology. However, some features, including controlling your smart bulb remotely or, when you are away from home will not work without a reliable WiFi connection.
Q: Can You Turn On Smart Bulbs Manually?
A: For some brands, manually switching the light on or off is possible, but not all. However, it is highly recommended that you keep your switch on and operate your smart bulb using the compatible app. Although most smart bulbs will continue to work with your regular switches, turning off the switch will stop you from accessing your smart bulbs using your app. Think of it as your smart bulb being practically offline.
Q: What Do I Need To Enable Voice Control For My Smart Bulb?
A: While it may seem as if setting up voice control in your home to control your smart lights is easy, it’s just not that straightforward. The answer to this question is that it depends on the smart home system that you have at home.
Let’s take Alexa and Google, for example:
- For Alexa. Before anything else, make sure that you have one of the best smart bulbs for Alexa on hand. Have your smart bulb’s app already installed on your Android phone or iPhone. Also, that you’ve already purchased an Amazon device that can recognize voice commands, like Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, or Echo Show.
To enable voice command on your smart device. First, you need to download the Alexa App. Second, add your smart bulbs to the app by clicking on: “Add Device”. Then, click on: “Light”. The next step is to search for the brand and model of your smart light. Tap to make a selection. You should take some time to assign a name for your bulb. Finally, it’s time to test if your setup works. Learn simple commands that Alexa can easily recognize. For instance, say “Alexa, turn <your device’s name> on”.
- For Google Assistant. Make sure that you’re shopping only for the best smart bulbs for Google Home. Install the app that supports your smart light. To start using Google Assistant, download the Google Home app on your mobile then add your smart bulb. You should assign a name for your smart light as soon as the installation is done. Then, simply use the app to ask your Google Assistant to perform key instructions. Try, “Turn <your device’s name> purple.”
Q: Do Smart Bulbs Use Electricity When Off?
A: Yes, the best WiFi light bulbs are constantly drawing a very negligible amount of current. The best smart lights will make sure that it uses up the least possible amount of electricity when not in use though. That’s because thrift and savings are the top reasons why people are convinced to transform their homes into smart homes.
Furthermore, in the long run, smart bulbs redound to bigger savings on electricity because you can easily and remotely turn off lights at home when it’s not necessary — no more pointing fingers with other family members. And, when used with sensors, your smart bulbs are always turned off when not in use, and automatically turned on when it detects movement inside the room.
Choosing from a wide selection of the best smart lights can prove to be tedious and challenging at the same time. However, if you are gradually transforming your house into a smart home, quality smart lighting using only the best smart bulbs for Google Home and Alexa is the way to go. Adding the smart element to your space redesign project always proves to be a great place to start. After all, security and energy efficiency are two of the top priorities of every homeowner like you. Both of which can be easily achieved by having smart lights installed. The best part is that these are easy to install and you can stay in control of lighting for your home where ever you are in the world.
I came to this site with the introduction of a friend around me and I was very impressed when I found your writing. I’ll come back often after bookmarking! baccaratsite
After reading your article, it reminded me of some things about gate io that I studied before. The content is similar to yours, but your thinking is very special, which gave me a different idea. Thank you. But I still have some questions I want to ask you, I will always pay attention. Thanks.