Floating pool lights are an essential source of light for nighttime swims. Moreover, these lights also ensure safety, which is immensely paramount. Finding the best floating pool lights can be puzzling though, given that there is a wide array of options in the marketplace. So, read on to get all the essential facts you need to know to find the floating light that best enhances your pool.
Best Floating Pool Lights Review: Major Features, Pros, And Cons
Below, you will find a table that lists down the 10 best floating pool lights, along with a comparison of key specifications. Make sure that you scroll down further to read through all the product details. Also, do not forget to check out the buying guide which lists down everything you need to know when shopping for the best pool lights.
|Illuminate Your Life|
1. Illuminate Your Life 16 Inch Pool Spa Waterproof Cube With LED Light
- Features 24 color options to choose from
- Waterproof and weatherproof composition
- Four illumination modes – strobe, smooth, flash, and fade
- Takes up to 5 hours to charge fully
- 16-inch LED floating light
This light is the best overall product among the list of the 10 best floating pool lights. You can illuminate your landscape and set a magical tone to your pool party with the 24 color options it has to offer. Switching between the available colors is simple and only requires the click of a button using the remote control.
Furthermore, this universal remote can command multiple lights single-handedly if you invest in more such products. The primary charging cord for the LED cube rids you of any pains caused by tangled wires and short-sized cables. Also, with the heavy-duty surface of this light, you can fix it anywhere without worrying about wear and tear. Get ready to be the ultimate host of the year. With these lights floating on or scattered around your pool, it’s guaranteed your next function will leave your guests impressed.
- This LED cube can lighten up your space for up to 10 hours.
- Its heavy-duty surface causes it to become more resistant to tears and scratches.
- This light offers four different brightness intensities so you can always find one to match your mood.
- It boasts a cordless remote for worry-free operation.
- Users have reported problems with the adaptor.
- The small rubber plug may deteriorate if kept underwater for a long time.
2. POP Store 4-PK Floating Pool Lights
- Four solid color modes – Blue, White, Red, and Green
- Inflatable like a beachball, made of vinyl, with a weighted bottom.
- Easily hangable through the attached loop
- User-friendly on/off mechanism
- Solar-powered with automatic light up sensor
When shopping for the best floating pool lights, you may want a premium product that offers an array of unique features. This product automatically lights up the moment it senses the onset of darkness. It is quite simple to operate the color-changing mechanism — just push the button at the bottom of the unit.
In case you prefer to hang these balls rather than leave them floating around in the pool, you may safely do so too. Since it’s inflatable, storage will never be a problem.
Furthermore, the decorative, glowing lights feature four solid hues – red, blue, green, and white. Simply place your solar-regulated lights under the sunlight for 6 to 8 hours, and take your dear ones by surprise as they witness their magnificence.
- You can choose between a single-color display and multiple color display.
- Automatically recharges and reaches full charge within 6 to 8 hours.
- Multiple placement options offer flexibility.
- It carries a weighted bottom to avoid rolling or being blown away.
- These inflatable lighting balls are built with vinyl which guarantees durability.
- Gradually, the charging rate may slow down over time with wear and tear.
- There is no option to adjust brightness at different intensities.
3. LOFTEK 8-inch LED Pond Light Accent & Decor with Remote Control
- 16 RGB static colors
- Four dynamic lighting modes – Flash, Strobe, Fade, and Smooth
- Up to 8 to 10 hours of battery life
- Toy-grade polyethylene construction
- Dustproof and waterproof properties
Stay in complete control and color your pool with a cordless design that works flawlessly at a single press. This product is one of the best LED pool lights and delivers the best value for money. It creates a cool or warm ambiance for your pool with 16 RGB static colors and 5 brightness options for you to choose from. And, you get to enjoy the light show from an 8-inch illuminating ball.
Moving on, the advanced 1000MAh battery facilitates a fast-charge capability that gives you up to 10 hours of continuous lighting when fully charged. You also benefit from an easy-to-replace battery system that ensures you get a brand new looking LED pool light anytime. Most importantly, your health and safety have been considered highly during design and construction. That’s because each unit is free from UV, IR, mercury, and lead. Additionally, it is IP65 waterproof.
For brighter outdoor lighting, you may also want to consider installing outdoor floodlights.
- The LOFTEK RGB light ball technology allows it to float on the pool/pond seamlessly.
- Provides 16 static RGB shades with five brightness adjustment settings.
- Improved 1000MAh battery comes with a fast-charge technology.
- Purchase comes with a 12-month free replacement in case of quality issues.
- This light offers 16 preset colors that you can operate through a single remote.
- This product is not meant to float on water continuously for a long time.
- Its 8-inch diameter may not be complement larger pools well.
4. LOFTEK LED 8-inch Waterproof Light Ball, Floating Pool Lights with RemoteRead Customer Reviews Here >>>
- Dual control system – remote control and press control
- Multiple modes and color selection
- IP65 waterproofing system
- 4 dynamic lighting modes – Flash, Strobe, Fade, Smooth
- Dimmable with 5 brightness intensity options available
One of the best floating pool lights is the Loftek LED Lights Ball. It comes with a remote control that stays operational for up to 26 feet. On the other hand, in terms of aesthetics, you get to choose from 16 static RGB colors, more than enough to create an entertaining sight for adults, kids, and even your pets. Additionally, the 5-option brightness adjustment helps set the intensity of the glowing light to achieve any ambiance of your choosing.
More importantly, “eye-caring” LED lights emit soft and uniform colored lights that stay easy on the eyes. Equally important is that the polyethylene material is waterproof. If you are particular with how it affects your safety and health, you’ll be happy to know that this product does not emit harmful UV or IR, and is not constructed using toxic substances. With the myriads of benefits that this product has to offer, you will be astounded to know what it can do for you.
- This product only requires 1.5 to 2 hours to become fully charged.
- The ball shell and base are welded with a waterproof, high-density rubber ring.
- Four dynamic lighting mode alternatives – strobe, smooth, fade, flash.
- This floating pool light boasts a memory function.
- It comes with 40 days warranty and free product replacement of up to 12 months.
- You cannot keep this floating light in the charging state all day long.
- Keeping it plugged after a 100% charge is reached may damage the batteries.
- It may not provide sufficient illumination if that’s what you’re after.
5. GEECR LED RGB Ball Lamp with Remote ControlRead Customer Reviews Here >>>
- Diverse display options with remote control
- Four dim and brighten modes – Strobe, Smooth, Flash, and Fade
- IP68 waterproof rating
- Improved design based on customer reviews
- Comes with a remote control that works up to 12 meters
This product will furnish your interiors and exteriors on an extraordinary level. With multiple colors and modes that complement all kinds of occasions, this LED light globe is a multi-functional, stylish, and fun piece that is ideal as a marvelous present.
This unit is equipped with 16 vibrant colors and four modes to offer you a stream of options for all kinds of events. It is USB-rechargeable, and you can control it with the press of a button. Whether you are in for a solo dip in the pool or with your little ones, this glowing ball is 100% safe and strong enough to resist damage caused by sudden drops. In short, you can count on this product to last for long.
- This ball carries 4 Dim and Brighten modes – strobe, smooth, flash, and fade.
- It is made with durable material that does not break easily
- Rid of UV, lead, mercury, IR, and other toxic elements.
- This universal glow-ball is ideal for indoor and outdoor use.
- The tiny base underneath the ball helps it stand upright while charging.
- This LED light ball does not provide a self-timer option.
- Sometimes, the seam is visible down the middle of the light.
- Some users find it too small for use around the pool.
6. Beckett Floating Lily Pad LED Solar LightsRead Customer Reviews Here >>>
- Equipped with light sensors
- Automatically turns on when dark, and turns off in the morning
- Lightweight and floats well on the water
Beckett’s solar-powered lights are one of the best floating lights to own for your water garden or pond, most especially when you are after its lovely design. These flower-shaped lights add a tinge of color, life, and beauty to any water body. The natural rays of the sun generate power that illuminates these featherweight LEDs.
Like real flowers, these lily pads love the sun and also store its energy to light up at night. These lights automatically light up as soon as night falls and brings a lovely light display to your pool. Real flowers might wilt away with time, but these stunning LED light flowers are here to stay.
If you’re looking for brighter lighting that also uses solar energy, check out this review post about the Top 10 Best Solar Flood Lights.
- The Lily Pad LED Floating Lights are designed to mimic real flowers floating around.
- These are solar-powered and, thus, helps you save on energy.
- Sensors make the units automatically light up as soon as darkness sets in.
- It floats well on water because it’s lightweight.
- Beautiful when used as an accent.
- These LED lights may not be able to sufficiently lights up the pool or the area around it.
- The units may require some reinforcement to keep it from getting filled up with water.
7. Blibly Solar Swimming Pool Lights with Multi-Color LEDRead Customer Reviews Here >>>
- Solar powered, with lighting duration lasting for up to 10 hours
- 16 RGB color variants with 4 illumination modes
- Comes with remote control with up to 13-ft of operation
- IP68 waterproofing system
- Easy installation procedure
Looking to spend on the best floating pool lights? Impressive functionalities and design must definitely be on top of your criteria, and Blibly’s swimming pool light is definitely a sight to see.
This product is fully powered by solar energy and can stay on for up to 8 hours. The built-in battery absorbs solar energy during the day that powers it up to showcase its prodigious lighting capabilities at night. The accessibility of this LED light becomes a breeze with a remote control distance range of 13ft.
Also, be it a hip open bar night or an intimate romantic poolside dinner, you can switch between warm and cool hues depending on the function you’re hosting. This dustproof and waterproof floating light is ideal for indoor and outdoor usage, offering you a sustainable lighting source with four illumination modes. Blibly’s floating lights will not just enlighten your space, but also lift your spirits.
Add a romantic outdoor ambiance by the pool by adding outdoor string lights.
- This LED light is solar-powered and, thus, equates to electricity bill savings.
- It only takes 6 to 8 hours to fully charge each unit.
- The availability of a wide variety of tones provides more options to set the mood.
- Use it to dress up parties or as regular pool lighting.
- When fully charged, it can provide lighting continuously for up to 10 hours.
- These LED floating pool lights do not hold an option to adjust the brightness.
- In some cases, the light may appear excessively sharp on the eyes.
- Light emitted may not be sufficient if the goal is to provide bright lighting.
8. Acmee Battery Operated Lotus Lily FlowerRead Customer Reviews Here >>>
- Identical to real-life lotuses
- 48-hour battery life
- Multipurpose user application
- LED light with 3 color hues: white, pink, and yellow
The next product on this list of the best floating pool lights is this stunning LED light shaped like a lily pad. You’ll be stunned at just how closely it resembles real lilies, except this one glows. Moreover, each unit offers three distinct color combinations to choose from – white, pink, and yellow. These color-changing LED lights boast of a battery life of 48 hours when fully charged.
Besides using it to decorate your pool, these lights may also be added to create beautiful accents to your centerpieces, ponds, and fountains. It is ideal for those who intend to enhance their decor while lighting a specific area as a safety measure. Overall, these lily lights will add a calm and peaceful ambiance to your living space.
- This pack of LED floating lights comes with replaceable batteries.
- The product offers 3 different color alternatives to adjust to your mood.
- Use the lily lights to lighten up your pool or to accent any space.
- Fast charging with up to 48 hours of continuous operation.
- Made with durable plastic material.
- These lights may not be left floating on water for too long.
- Plastic material may not withstand weather changes for long.
- It may not provide a bright pool or room lighting if that is the goal.
9. Cootway Inflatable Pool Floating Lights Ball ShapedRead Customer Reviews Here >>>
- Automatic switch system with static and color-changing modes
- Uses DC and solar charging systems
- Boasts an IP68 waterproofing system
- Floatable, inflatable, and hangable with a sturdy loop towards the top
- Built using 0.3mm PVC material for added durability
This product is a wise choice for anyone who adores smart, creative lighting. It helps save on electricity via solar charging but also makes outlet charging possible for days when the sun isn’t shining brightly enough to power it up. Moreover, it automatically recharges during the day then lights up when it senses it’s getting dark.
If you intend to channel an eco-friendly and sustainable approach, Cootway’s products are here at your service. Another reason they are one of the best floating pool lights is that they help curtail your power bill and curate a smaller carbon footprint. Equally important is that this product is safe for you, your family, guests, and the environment, Cootway’s lighting will revolutionize your illumination game at the press of a button. Generally, this product will enhance the mood and lighting to any space.
- Purchase comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee and 30 days return policy.
- The white LED mode can provide significant illumination to your pool.
- Since it is inflatable, storage will never be a problem.
- Color options include white, pink, red, purple, blue, aqua, green, and lime.
- These LED spheres swap colors every 25 seconds.
- Product life will greatly depend on use and maintenance.
- Products are prone to puncture and may become easily damaged if not handled with care.
10. Superdream Solar LED Lotus FlowerRead Customer Reviews Here >>>
- Solar-powered LED pool lights
- Comes with rechargeable Ni-MH AA type batteries
- LED lights supplied: 1 Red, 1 Green, 1 Blue
- Lights up for up to 12 hours after 8 hours of solar-powering
- Offers a prolonged service life of 20,000 hours
This solar light combines the beauty and essence of flowers with the serviceability of brightening your pool. During the daytime, the solar panel transforms solar energy into electrical energy that accumulates in the battery. Subsequently, the LEDs light up automatically in the evening, offering you a breath of freshness and luminance.
This light will last you for an entire night after 8 hours of exposure to the sunlight. It has a streamlined design that helps you garnish your pool area with a bloom of flower-shaped lights. Without a doubt, this is among the best floating pool lights under a budget.
- These floating solar LED lights do not require any electrical supply.
- Automatic charging during the day, and lights up on its own at night.
- The design is sleek and contoured, facilitating a balanced float.
- You receive a long service life with these solar power energy LED lights.
- It is beautiful, user-friendly, and complies with various kinds of storage options.
- Since it is dependent on solar charging, battery life depends on changing weather and seasons.
- Material used is prone to tearing.
What to look for when buying the Best Floating Pool Lights: Buying Guide
With so many options available in the market, deciding which of these best floating pool lights to buy can become quite an arduous task. After all, no one wants to grapple with the hassle of choosing an inferior product that ends up demanding a replacement too soon.
However, the right information can help you determine which product will suit your lighting needs and preferences best. This buying guide will help you sort through which elements are a must-have or just nice to have when shopping for the best LED pool lights.
Brightness is one of the primary factors to consider when purchasing the best floating pool lights. Since floating lights are specially designed to illuminate your swimming pool, it is essential to find a product that yields the kind and intensity of light that you require.
On the contrary, smaller pools do not require much intense lighting. For instance, fiber optic lights are relatively dim and offer brightness that is akin to a fairy light display. In any case, you may personally prefer dimmer floating lights to just add an accent or mood to your pool area.
On the other hand, LED lights can be incredibly bright and magnify to a greater extent if you use more than one. If you find LED lights to be too bright, you may opt for products that offer brightness-adjustment or dimmable features.
Location Of The Pool
Another crucial criterion to weigh out is the location of your pool. If it is outdoors, and you reside in a sunny region, solar pool lights are ideal for you. On the contrary, if you live at a location where nighttime is longer than daytime or where colder months are longer than summer and springtime then, solar-powered lights may not be the most ideal products for you.
Some of the best floating pool lights under our top 10 contenders are solar-powered. These are long-lasting and energy-efficient and help you contribute towards a more ecological way of life. Furthermore, you can get them in multitudes of styles and inflatable orbs.
Durability is a non-negotiable aspect to consider while seeking any product. Even the best LED pool lights can be rendered worthless if not built to last for long. Thus, it is always advisable to assess the materials that these pool lights are made of. For example, pool lights that are made of plastic and vinyl may be able to better withstand the water and the changing weather than the ones made with foam.
Compatibility plays a fundamental role when looking for the best floating pool lights. Relating to this, there are two top considerations. First, you ought to ensure that your floating light complies with the dimensions of your pool. Do you want bright illumination or just add an accent to the lights you already have installed in and around your pool area?
Secondly, bear in mind that some of these products may not be compatible with certain locations or fixtures. As mentioned, solar-powered lights will be more appropriate for use in sunny regions. Take note that some of these floating lights may also be hung or left on the concrete by the poolside but, some are made to particularly float on water only.
Ease Of Installation
The reason why most users choose floating lights is that they are incredibly easy to install and use. Usually, floating pool lights do not require a herculean effort and expertise for installation.
Most quality products come with a manual to make the installation process simpler for you. However, some products have poor designs that make it confusing and time-consuming. Therefore, if you hate wasting too much time trying to figure out how to piece everything together and make it work, take some time to find out if it’s easy to install.
The range of additional features is what differentiates the best pool lights from a traditional one. Since most buyers use floating pool lights for exclusive parties and events, paying heed to unique features becomes essential. While some floating lights may offer a gamut of color options and light modes, others may only carry a few mood lighting options.
You may prefer a simpler, more basic floating pool light. However, the number of accessories you want depends on how you plan to use your pool lights. If you only intend them to be functional, then plenty of color modes may not be worth it.
If you wish to manage your pool lights from a distance, you may want to invest in a product that comes with a remote control. An RC simply adds convenience to the way you operate your pool lights.
Additionally, it also provides a better method to control your lights during a party. Today, there are copious amounts of reasonable remote control floating lights available across the marketplace. So, choose the one that resonates with your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Should I choose LED Lights Over Halogen Lights When Lighting Up My Pool?
A: Although halogen lights are significantly inexpensive, LED lights are the future. Neither do these lights require servicing nor are these difficult to maintain. Moreover, LED lights are cheaper to use since these products consume less energy.
Additionally, LED lights also have a longer lifespan and use around 80% less energy compared to halogen lights. Furthermore, the best LED pool lights also offer an array of color options that simply cannot be achieved with halogen lighting.
Q: What Is The Difference Between LED Lights And Fiber Optic Pool Lights?
A: There are several differences you need to be aware of when choosing between LED lights and fiber optic lights. Firstly, LED lights require a lower upfront spend compared to fiber optic pool lights which may cost twice up to thrice as much. Secondly, LED lights are brighter than fiber optic lights. Thirdly, LED lights offer longer continuous lighting and have a longer total lifespan compared to fiber optic lights.
Therefore, if you are looking for performance and want to get the most value for your spending, you will more likely satisfy both when you purchase LED lights.
Q: What is the average service life of pool lights? How long will it take before I have to replace them?
A: That depends on the kind of light that your product carries. The best LED pool lights function well for as long as 25 years and beyond. These can function for up to 30,000 hours, as compared to the 6,000 hours of fiber optic illumination, and 5,000 hours of incandescent lights. Additionally, you can also leave these open all days a week, since they do not warm up easily and are cool to touch.
Q: Are LED pool lights safe?
A: LED pool lights are very safe and do not warm up easily. The majority of the problems encountered with pool lights are caused by incorrectly grounded lights. Lights that are properly installed and powered are completely safe and don’t pose any safety hazard.
To sum up
Pool owners have all kinds of reasons behind wanting to invest in the best LED pool lights. Not only do these look stunning, but they offer a safety element as well. If you are not willing to opt for permanent light fixtures, then floating pool lights are your go-to companions. Regardless of the reason, you now boast a wealth of information and knowledge to begin your LED light shopping. The swimming season is right around the corner, so get the best floating pool light and explore the numerous ways it can amaze you!