The best UV light for HVAC system is the way to go when looking to have clean air within your space. Whichever UV light system you choose, it should deliver as expected in a standard design. We recognize the need to find the best UV light system for HVAC that works for a long time. So, we’ve put together a review of the best methods available in the market currently.
Below is a table to first help you wish to compare the products we have selected.
Best UV Light For HVAC System for 2022 Review: Key Features, Pros, and Cons
One trick we apply in finding the products is comparing the best products. The features particularly allow each of our products to stand out. The best UV Light for HVAC system performs beyond expectation and without any hitches.
This table highlights the features to consider when looking for what fits your needs and budget.
1. Bio Shield Antimicrobial Protection UV Sanitizer System- Best Overall
- Connects to an AC Power Source
- Gives OUT Blue Light
- 25 Watts and 110 Volts
- 2- Year Warranty
Besides getting rid of the common types of microbes like mold and mildew, we recommend getting it if you have dirt in your home. An added functionality of the light is that it gets rid of dust mites and pet hair. It is one of the most valuable lights you should consider installing if you want to improve the efficiency of your AC units.
When it comes to how it works, it cleans the coils and the drain pan. In return, you get to experience improved air conditioning and significantly increased cooling capacity. The part that highly contributes to its functionality is the 25-watt bulb designed to ensure energy efficiency.
Our Bio Shield Antimicrobial Protection UV Sanitizer System is easy to install as long as you have all the necessary tools. You can finally stop worrying about asking for duct cleaning services as long as you have this system within your AC unit.
- It comes with a warranty. It is a valuable quality in terms of value for money.
- The installation process is straightforward. It comes with the parts required in the installation.
- It is highly efficient in eliminating airborne microbes.
- Its design is in a way that minimizes the energy use of your AC unit.
- Humid environments can affect its functionality.
2. Fresh-Aire TUV-BTER UV Light -Premium Pick
- One year Warranty
- Life UV- C lamp
- 254NM UV –C light
- Non-Ozone UV light
- 18-32 VAC power supply
Installing the system requires a solid magnet to hold it in place. We have done several installations of it, and it would be correct to say that it is one of the most straightforward ways of installing. We have come across very few complaints about the product. It meets all the expectations of a quality UV system.
We installed it in HVAC, and it cleared the growths around the coin within no time. Besides reducing impurities, it also works efficiently to ensure that it saves up on energy. In that case, you will not have to pay high utility bills. Many clients have admitted that the atmosphere in their houses changes within days of installing this light.
- The materials used to make the bulb and the light itself are eco-friendly. It only works to ensure clean air space.
- The lamp has a considerable lamp life
- It is easy to install as it comes with all the parts included in the package.
- It has a high level of reliability with innovative features
- Installation can only be by licensed personnel.
3. Original Pure Air UV Light- Best Value
- 3 Years warranty
- Electronic ballast
- LED panel
- 10000 hrs. life
There is a reason many airlines find it essential to use UV Light like this one a requirement. One of the reasons we recommend it is that both of its bulbs are replaceable. It is hard to believe how much power they have over microbes just by looking at them. Only after installing it will you raise how much the atmosphere in your space changes as the original OEM R-18D model does better than other systems designed to eliminate microbes in the air just like it.
The mounting side is flat, with a black box on the outside to protect the circuits. It comes with a small LED light that lets you know when the light is working. This feature is likely to miss in other types of UV lights for HVAC systems like the Bio Shield Antimicrobial Protection UV Sanitizer System. To add to the reasons, we feel you should get it is that it comes at a price at you can afford.
- Installing this system is easy since it comes with an extended 9- foot power cord
- It comes with electronic ballast with a working LED light
- It comes with a three-year guarantee on its functionality and value.
- This UV light is quite affordable
- The package required extra care during transportations and packaging.
4. OdorStop OS721 UV Air Purifier – Most DurableRead Customer Reviews Here >>>
- 6 Foot Power Cord
- LED Indicator Lights
- 36 Watts
- 254NM bulbs
You can incorporate this system into a standard AC unit. It has an LED indicator that helps the user keep watch on how well the system is working. One reliable aspect about this light is that it has room for a 12-Inch replacement bulb for shallow ducts. The construction works to eliminate odor-causing bacteria, mold, mildew viruses, and other types of microbes common in a home with a pet.
We recommend it for a home with children or older people. After examining this model closely, we discovered that it has a high-quality aluminum body, making it durable since it is not easily breakable. Different users have come forward saying it is easy to install this system, unlike Fresh-Aire TUV-BTER UV Light which requires an expert to perform the installations. You can do it yourself following the instructions on the package.
- The system comes with a 2- year limited warranty
- Its installation process is pretty straightforward.
- Its functionality is efficient and powerful. It fulfills the works it is designed to do.
- The bulbs are easily replaceable. It is a helpful quality for insufficient spaces.
- It might be wobbly after installations. Bulb mating can be troublesome and may take a few trials.
5. REKO Lighting R2000 Air Purifier – Easiest InstallationRead Customer Reviews Here >>>
- 9-foot cord
- UVC bulbs
- 7 NM
- 120v plug
We have come across users who admit that they are impressed by the performance of this subsystem. As perhaps the best UV Light for HVAC system, it is easy to install and should take you no more than 15 minutes.
One of the features that make it particularly easy to install is the nine-foot cord. It makes it easy to pug the system in a standard socket. It is one of the most highly rated UNV Lights systems in the market, just like the Fresh-Aire UV Light.
The only difference between the two is the pricing, but the performance is similar. It performs as w\when it comes to purifying your HVAC duct. The ease of installing it accompanied by the perforce that it delivers is why we find this product popular among our clients.
You should consider this system as you can easily install it yourself and that it comes with features that you will find helpful.
- It is easy to install. Its user-friendly nature follows the installation.
- It works efficiently and powerfully to eliminate microbes similarly.
- It does not require any special features to fit in a standard socket
- The size of the bulbs makes them convenient to use in different kinds of spaces.
- The bulbs are likely to suffer damage easily. It means that a user has to spend extra money replacing the bulbs.
6. D200 PCO UV Light – Most Anti-BacterialRead Customer Reviews Here >>>
- Made of fiberglass
- Ozone free
Look no further for a UV light system that does not leave any traces of microorganisms in your HVAC unit. It works to eliminate volatile organic compounds besides the common microbes from your air conditioning system.
We found that it does so through the photocatalytic oxidation process. In this process, UV light from the bulb combines with titanium oxide to ensure germs elimination is thorough. It is the ideal system to install in a home with people suffering from respiratory complications. It provides energy efficiency by ensuring that the coils stay clear of mold.
Also, the design is, so that very little power gets used when it’s in operation by utilizing a titanium oxide reflector. When we installed this system, we cut a hole in the duct and encased the lamp with a filter. Finally, we sealed the plastic frame with aluminum tape screws.
The bulbs will last about a year before requiring replacement. Unlike other UV lights like the OdorStop OS721 UV Air Purifier, this one does not have an indicator to help a user monitor the lights. We recommend that users keep checking on the bulbs to know they are due for replacement.
- The bulb has a long lifespan. It is a feature that influences its effectiveness against microbes.
- The manufacturer designs it to ensure energy efficiency while delivering state of the art results
- The installation process is straightforward. The manufacturers provide instructions for installation.
- It is working to eliminate microbial organisms and other volatile organic compounds.
- Bulb replacement presents a challenge.
7. REKOLIGHTING UV Light – Most IntuitiveRead Customer Reviews Here >>>
- 14” UV light bulb
- Magnetic Bracket
- 24 Volt Power input
The central aspect of this light that stood out to us is its durability. Besides this, unlike previous designs, this one is longer to achieve a larger area of illumination. The light is highly efficient besides being low maintenance. It makes a list of the best UV light system for a house of how easy it is to install.
One of the systems we find ourselves recommending to clients looking for a system that is easy to install. The manufacturer includes a magnetic bracket on it to make this possible. If you are looking to install it in your home, it should take very little time.
Most UV Lights, such as the D200 PCO UV Light, require you to drill holes and cover parts when installing, making it all a complicated process which is not eth case with this one.
Considering all the positive feedback from pleased users, it makes sense to say that the unit is worth its value and comes with generally user-friendly designs.
- It comes in a modern design that ensures high-level efficiency and long bulb life.
- It comes with a magnetic bracket to make installation easy.
- The manufacturer designs it to have a variety of features that increase user-friendliness, such as 14-inch bulbs.
- The installation requires hardwiring, which might need professional help.
When selecting UV lights for HVAC system, it helps to know the features that allow you to choose the best one. Although there are very few designs in the market currently, they mostly have similar characteristics. However, there is always a single feature that stands out in every system. Take a look below to get more insight.
We recommend taking a close look at the lama life in different brands. By looking at the lama life, you can prepare adequately to get replacements on time, depending on the product you settle for. Most bulbs can last up to 2 years, depending on eth quality. UV lights with dual bulbs are expensive but worth it, especially if they can last a full two years.
The complexity of the installation process varies from brand to brand. Hardwired UV Light systems present a change during installations. Others, such as those that only require you to drill small holes and apply screws, are pretty easy to install.
Some come already designed to fit into the locks without giving the users a hard time. We recommend getting systems that you can easily install yourself because of repairs and replacements. You might not always have luck coming across an installation professional.
UV light systems are long-lasting. The only time you might require some attention is when replacing the bulbs. As such most systems come with a warranty ranging between 1 to 2 years. Others like the Original Pure Air UV Light have a three-year warranty. Most of the time, the warranty lasts as long as the bulb life.
Types of HVAC UV Systems
There are generally two types of UV light systems. Most users we come across are looking for systems to install in their homes. One type sanitizes air, and its installation involves a lot of ductwork.
The other type is coil UV lights which are great for eliminating bacteria in your HVAC system. When selecting a UV light system, it is essential to know what kind of system you are looking for. Pick it considering other features that meet your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is the UV light safe?
UV lights are safe unless you look directly into them. Apart from avoiding direct eye contact with them, it is also best to avoid direct siskin contact. UV light systems come enclosed, leaving a small space for you to keep watch on their condition.
How long do replaced bulbs last?
Replaced bulbs can last 8000 hours, on average. It is often dependent on the brand. Those that exceed this number of hours often come with a price tag to match their value.
How hard are UV lights to maintain?
Unlike other gadgets designed to work along with HVAC, UV lights tend to last without requiring any human intervention. The only time maintenance is needed when changing the bulb, which happens only once a year.
Do UV lights produce ozone?
UV lights with shorter wavelengths belong to the UV range and produce ozone. It is a compound that causes lung damage. Ozone does not have any contributions in improving THE efficiency of your HVAC.
You’ll find it easy to pick the best UV light for HVAC system when you know the features you need. We have prepared this review hoping to enlighten you on the various products that you can choose from. These systems should completely change your experience in enclosed rooms.
Your explanation is organized very easy to understand!!! I understood at once. Could you please post about majorsite ?? Please!!