The best lights for streaming are becoming the much-needed accessory for the pursuit of increased interest in photography. That is to say, it has become a must-have for personal as well as professional uses. From video tutorials to travel videos, for instance, good lighting is almost always expected or viewers will be bouncing off to another vlog. Similarly, in the advent of an ever-increasing number of work-related video calls and virtual conferences, good lighting for online meetings and live streaming has become the need of the hour. So, if you think you need this versatile piece of equipment, stick around to find out what you should be shopping for before you actually place an order online.
The 10 Best Lights For Streaming – Includes Compact To Advanced
A quick peek of essential features to compare and understand various properties of the lights for streaming is provided in this table.
1. Inkeltech 18-inch 60 W Dimmable LED Ring Light Kit
- Adjustable color temperature 3000K to 6000K
- 480 LED beads with SMD design
- 100% adjustable brightness
- 2.5 meters range of lighting
- 7 modes of lighting using IR remote
Inkeltech is one of the best lights for streaming videos whether for use indoors and outdoors. The knob on the stand acts as a remote controller for adjusting the temperature of the ring light. You can also select from 7 pre-set lighting modes. Meanwhile, brightness may be adjusted to any desired level using a dimmer. What makes this unit even more capable of delivering satisfactory lighting is the 360-degree rotation of the phone stand. This feature makes capturing well-lit photos and videos foolproof. Pre-defined temperature settings further give you more room to customize the look and feel of your composition.
Additionally, the light works with both battery or direct power outlets. However, rechargeable batteries are not included. Although, if you buy one, you can recharge it by placing it in the ring. The ring has an indicator light to show the status of the charging battery.
A carry-on bag is also provided to pack and transport all the equipment while traveling.
- Phone holder with 360 degrees rotating stand for direct capturing of selfies
- Tripod is useful for capturing photos and videos at different heights
- Brightness and color temperature are adjustable
- Pre-set modes for easy usability of advanced settings by inexperienced people
- Remote control ability makes it one of the best ring lights for streaming
- Batteries are not included with the light
- Instructions are not easy to follow
2. Razer Kiyo Advanced Autofocus Streaming Webcam Ring Light
- HD camera with 720p 60FPS / 1080p 30 FPS
- Bezel rotation allows the brightness setting of light
- Software to control settings
- The color temperature of daylight with 5600K
- Sensitivity of microphone: -38dB
- Multi-step ring light
Razer Kiyo is a professional streaming camera with a brightness-adjustable ring light. It works as functional lighting for Twitch streaming as it streams videos at 60fps for full gaming fidelity. This capability is important particularly if you are vlogging gaming tips and tricks. In fact, Razer specifically claims that this camera is designed for the ultimate gaming and streaming experience.
Additionally, you can always have a perfectly lit broadcasting area as it features studio-like lighting with full HD capability. Software controls allow you to access settings like zoom, white balance, focus, color temperature, brightness, contrast, and saturation. Moreover, multi-step LED light with the inbuilt camera and the mic eliminates the need for extra equipment. Thus, this unit gives you full functionality with a full HD camera.
Easy setup and operation guarantees you can start streaming almost immediately and does not require a painful setup or adjustment. Software-based setting adjustments help you control the various aspects of both camera and lighting.
- It features an onboard mic and cam accompanied by one of the best lights for streaming
- Advanced clipping mechanism that folds conveniently on desktops
- Compatible with popular gaming platforms like OBS and XSplit
- Performs well in low light by reducing graininess
- Professional lighting for twitch streaming
- The camera does not move left and right
- It is more expensive than its counterparts
- A single on and off switch controls both light and camera
3. GLOUE Selfie Clip-on 36 LED Ring Light
- 36 LED lamp beads
- USB port connectivity
- Built-in rechargeable battery
- Three brightness levels
- Compatible with many smartphones
The Gloue clip-on selfie light casts soft light that eliminates the harsh shadows and also helps you to enhance your facial features. Therefore, for these features, it is one of the most effective ring lights for streaming closeup videos or selfie photos.
The in-built, rechargeable battery eliminates the need to purchase batteries every time you run out of power. It connects with most of the smart-phones and USB port devices, thus, making it one of the best lights for streaming video calls as . The LED light features three levels of brightness. You can capture pictures even in a dark room while using this light. The ring light is portable and fits easily into your pocket or bag.
- Easy to attach as it comes with clip-on attachment facility
- Almost all smart-phones are compatible with this light
- It is designed such that it aligns well to enhance your facial features
- It can latch on unto any device up to 0.59” thick
- The ring light can be used with the cover on or off the phones
- The USB cord used for charging and direct streaming of light is too short
- It feels heavy when you hold it up for a selfie
- The brightness is not so high when on battery
4. Pixel G1s 360° RGB LED Light PanelRead Customer Reviews Here >>>
- Hue adjustment from 0 to -359 degrees
- Adjustable color saturation and brightness from 0% to 100%
- 2500K to 8500K color temperature range
- An LCD-display panel to view all the adjustment levels
- 3500mAh Lithium-Ion battery with USB Type-C charger
- 360-degree arm and cold shoe rotation
Pixel light panel offers 360 degrees rotation. This makes it an ideal lighting for Twitch streaming. Moreover, manual adjustments can be made to vary the color temperature, brightness, hue, and color saturation. Firstly, the 2500Kto 8500K covers a wide range of color temperatures providing you with all kinds of cool to warm light adjustment using dimmer. Secondly, the CRI≥97 and TLCI≥97 ensure the colors stay bright and intact, mimicking natural shades of the objects closely or enhanced colors.
Additionally, the multipleFX effects is a special feature of this RGB LED light panel which makes Pixel is one of the best lights for streaming. The LCD screen displays the values of each property you are using and helps you in adjusting them. Certainly, the large capacity of the battery gives you a long runtime.
Furthermore, the USB Type-C charger provided in the kit allows fast charging in just 2.5 hours. In conclusion, given all these advanced features, you can be sure that this light is one of the best lights for streaming available in the market today.
- The battery quick charges using USB Type-C charging port
- It offers run time of 150 minutes after a charge of 2.5 hours of full charge
- It is mountable on any hot shoe adaptor compatible devices
- There are twelve FX scene effect light modes for instant mode setting
- Suitable lighting for twitch streaming with all its advanced features
- Some users reported units overheating when used continuously
- Settings offered are little overwhelming for newbie users
- The manual does not convey clear instructions
5. Neewer 55W Dimmable LED Ring Light KitRead Customer Reviews Here >>>
- Large 18” ring with phone or DSLR camera mounting ability
- Long tripod stand of 61” length
- Two filters of white and orange colors
- Dimming range of 1% to 100%
- The color temperature of 5500K
- There are 240 LED pieces arranges in the ring.
The Neewer ring light is one of the must-have ring lights for streaming soft light as it is controllable using a Bluetooth remote. The highlights of this light are the two filter colors, reflective silver coating, a flexible ball headed shoe mount, and 100% dimmer adjustment. Above all, the large ring diameter with bright light provides professional lighting for video streaming.
Additionally, this ring light has 240 LED pieces that run on a universal AC adapter. Furthermore, the soft tube provided is used as a connector or to position the ring light. Finally, the kit consists of a soft padded carry bag to keep the light safe.
In summary, the Neewer ring light is undoubtedly one of the best lights for streaming.
- It is portable and, at the same time, the tripod legs are foldable
- A ball head rotatable hot shoe allows for position adjustment
- The soft tube for flexible positioning of the light
- There is a silver reflective layer coating on the inner sides of the frame which helps evenly distribute lighting
- The carry-on bag and power adaptor makes it a complete kit
- It reflects light rings on glasses
- The assembly instructions are not clear
- Snapping of the filter panels to the ring light can be tricky
6. Linco Table Top Studio Lighting KitRead Customer Reviews Here >>>
- 800 LED bulb each of 800 lumens
- Morning glory softbox with an adjustable snoot
- Angle-adjustable light head up to 210 degrees
- Steady tripod with a height of 30” and two adjustment options
- Mini-cirrus of innovative design for tripod mounting or handheld usage.
This Linco lighting unit provides ample lighting for Twitch streaming using the two-morning glory softboxes each having bright 800 lumens LED bulbs. Particularly, the drawstring adjustment of morning glory provided limitless options of brightness control. The kit also includes two softbox covers, two LED bulbs, and two tripod stands.
Additionally, the tripod’s wide legs improve unit stability. Furthermore, the two height adjustment levels of the tripod allow for better customization of light streaming. To sum up, this product offers a multi-purpose yet a straightforward setup of the softbox and, therefore, comes very useful for model photography, for clicking pictures of items to sell online, or for streaming yourself while enjoying good lighting in your videos.
- This product offers the best streaming lights with angle adjustability as well as side rotation
- Increase or decrease the light brightness as required using the snoot on the morning glory
- These are the best lights for streaming studio lighting on a tabletop set up
- Height adjustable tripod and flexible light head helps the light kit to be versatile
- Reliable and easy to maintain due to simple yet innovative design
- The front lip reflects on the glass surfaces like watches and spectacles
- It does not have color filters
- Product lacks a dimmer so brightness levels cannot be adjusted
7. Emart 60 LED with Color Filters Lighting KitRead Customer Reviews Here >>>
- CRI value of 90+ for proper color capture
- Draws power using an AC DC adaptor for brighter light
- An 11-inch high tripod is available in the kit for mounting the light
- Features 60 LED bulbs with a 15W continuous lighting
- Two LED lights with two sets of color gel filters
The Emart 60 beads LED light panel offers brighter 1400 lumen compared to the 1000 lumen by others. Additionally, the color temperature of the light can be altered from 5500K to various temperatures using the colored gel filters provided. And, you can replace filters using simple sliding action.
Meanwhile, the 180-degree angle adjustment gives properly positionable lighting. Moreover, the foldable tripod supplied with this kit enhances unit stability. Despite its wide legs, the unit remains portable and easy to carry along.
Overall, the CRI 90+ value gives color enhanced pictures that look similar to or better than the real-life objects.
- The color temperature of 5500K makes them the best lights for streaming quality videos
- Each unit comes with two sets of gel filters in three colors for changing the color temperature
- It comes with a foldable tripod so the product remains portable.
- Brightness level of up to 1400 lumen makes it an ideal lighting for streaming videos online
- Tilt enabled light provides the perfect angle for both stills and video compositions
- Brightness control option is not available
- Product cannot be used with other tripods
- The unit cannot be used for reverse lighting purposes
8. SUPON L122T Ultra-Thin LED Video Light PanelRead Customer Reviews Here >>>
- Allows adjustment of color temperature in a range of 3300K to 5600K
- Features a CRI 95+ High for excellent color retainment
- Made of energy-efficient bi-colored LED lights of 122 beads
- Directly attaches to DSLR cameras or camcorders
- Dimmer with a range of 20% to 100% adjustment
The Supon’s multi-purpose light is suitable for capturing the subject in the right color and temperature using its advanced settings. Most importantly, the 122 beads of the LED offer bright lighting, making it one of the best lights for streaming videos or clicking pictures in any conditions. Also, the features like bi-color and dimmer allow custom brightness settings. Meanwhile, you can check and adjust the levels of color temperature and CRI values for an optimal shoot.
- LCD screen at the back displays the color temperature, CRI and battery level values
- It comes with a tripod and shoe mount so you can use it directly with a camera
- Ultra-thin screen and lightweight makes it good lighting for streaming
- 90-degree front and back adjustable ball head work for perfect shooting angle
- Unit comes with a standard screw hole of ¼ size for tripod mounting or for attaching it to the light stand
- The LED light does not come with a charger
- You need to buy the battery separately
- Battery and adapter buying instructions are not provided
9. QIAYA Clip-On Rechargeable Selfie LED Circle LightRead Customer Reviews Here >>>
- Selfie LED light with in-built rechargeable batteries
- Three-level brightness adjustment facility from low, medium to high
- Pocket-sized light for latching on your phone for taking photos and videos
- Attachability to various devices making it versatile
- Clips-on easily and recharges quickly.
The Qiaya clip-on LED ring light allows you to take brighter shots even in dark surroundings. No need to worry about positioning yourself relative to the lighing setup when shooting your videos. This product clips-on to any of the portable devices such as a mobile phone, tablet, or laptop and offers you the flexibility of working without a cord as it works on battery. It is a good thing that the batteries are rechargeable and hence do not require replacement. Moreover, three-level adjustment is useful to achieve just the right amount of light according to the surroundings making it one of the best streaming lights. Finally, it is small in size and fits right into your pocket or purse.
- It is useful for shooting at nights or in a dark room
- Easily clips-on to your phone adding ring lights for streaming make-up videos
- Recharging the batteries using a USB cord eliminates the need to replace batteries
- Brightness adjustment is useful to adapt the light to the light of your surroundings.
- Compatible with tablets, laptops, and mobile phones
- This light is very bright even in its lowest settings
- Suitable only for selfies
- The spectacles reflect the ring lighting
10. Neewer 2 Packs Dimmable 5600K USB Colorful LED Light PanelsRead Customer Reviews Here >>>
- Four filter options of white, red, yellow and blue colors
- Mini-sized tripod stand for lighting at ultra-low position
- Extension rod for custom height lighting from 20.27” to 45.66.”
- LED bulbs have brightness adjustability from 10% to 100%
- The color temperature of 5600K is apt for shooting correct color tones
Neewer Light panels with USB outlet offer 2 LED lights with 180-degree adjustment options. Their power consumption is high and works best when they draw power from the wall plug. Besides brightness adjustment, the 66 bulbed LED light panel also offers color filters for a soft light effect. Stream videos from indoors or outdoors seamlessly using these best lights for streaming. Height customization possibility using tripod and extension stick as both have various height adjustment capability. These lights can be placed on the table or the floor at the desired height using the required filter. They provide excellent lighting for streaming your videos.
- LED light panel is adjustable up to 180 degrees angle
- The customizable height options make them the best streaming lights
- It has a dimmer for controlling the brightness as required
- Lightweight and hence portable enough to carry anywhere with you
- Affordable lights and are operable using the power bank
- Does not include wall plug with USB port
- Carry bag is not provided
- Outdoor usage is limited to low light surroundings
Top 10 Best Lights For Streaming: Buying Guide
Lighting effects play an important role in photography. Proper color temperature, correct angle, brightness. decide the fate of your output. Consider the below factors to choose the best streaming lights.
The lighting can be of various levels in different situations while shooting indoors or outdoors. You may be shooting in the dark or on a cloudy day. Hence, you need appropriate lighting to describe the picture in its proper definition without any harsh shadows. The brightness adjustment can be either a dimmer or pre-set. Dimmer is more flexible than pre-set brightness if you are a serious photographer. All the best lights for streaming feature variable brightness levels.
Each color temperature has a different Kelvin value. Different kelvin values achieve different color temperatures appropriate for the mood of the video or photo you are shooting. If you want to have one of the best lights for streaming, then it must have the possibility to vary Kelvin value. The color temperature makes a significant contribution in setting the tone of the colors of the subject and the background.
Outdoor shoots require portable gear with qualities such as lightweight and foldable. The telescopic and foldable tripods for mounting these lights are now available with many lighting kits. Remember to check the weight and size of lights for the camera mounting type—the compact version of LED lights seamlessly renders good lighting for streaming video tutorials.
Another essential feature you should be considering while you buy a streaming light is a mounting capability. If you want it to be mounted on your camera or you want to keep it on a tripod should be considered. Sometimes you might also want to have your device mounted into the light set up.
The Shape Of The Light
If you are trying to achieve a good closeup video with a magical spark in your eyes, the best streaming lights for this purpose would be the ring lights. You plan to take pictures for online selling, then Rectangular LED panels are right, but for model photography, the softbox kind of lights is useful. These shapes of lights are also available in different sizes. For example, clip-on ring lights for streaming selfies are a compact version of the ring light. Therefore, size should also be considered along with the shape.
If you are expecting lighting effects, then consider checking RGB LED lights. They can produce many colors and several light effects. This category has some of the best lights for streaming, using millions of colors with advanced settings.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which Lights Provide The Best Lighting When Streaming?
Experienced Vloggers, YouTubers, makeup artists, and every other person regularly streaming themselves prefer ring lights. A ring light offers a professional look to the videos when compared to other lighting options. The lighting effect created by the ring light enhances the subject and makes them look noticeably better. They offer soft light and form no harsh shadows giving a cleaner look. Also, their round shape helps in hiding blemishes as it suppresses shadows.
What Is The Ideal Distance To Place A Ring Light?
Ring lights of 18 inches and above should be placed at least 2 feet away from you. This distance is ideal for getting a bright and crisp light. The correctly placed light enhances your facial features effectively, so check for that ideal distance from your face. If you want softer lighting, you can move it a little farther. If you are using your ring light with your equipment mounted on it, then the shooting distance should also be considered.
Which is Better — Ring Light Or Softbox?
Each type carries advantages and disadvantages of their own. Both ring light and softbox provide diffused lighting. But, ring light has the advantage of placing the camera in between the light. However, the downside is that it creates a reflection in the subject’s eye. Sometimes, even that can be an advantage however. At the end of the day, it boils down to your personal preference.
On the other hand, softbox is more versatile and can be used in multiple ways other than just selfie photos or videos. However, it requires some knowledge of light placement and angling. With a ring light, you can just practically forget about these considerations.
What Is The Best Placement For A Light Source During Live Streaming?
Place the light source behind the camera. No other light source like a window lighting should be behind you. If using a ring lamp, you can keep it around the webcam or phone. You can also use multiple light sources to enhance the effect. While using multiple lights, you can place the leading light right behind the camera and another soft light with lower brightness on the side. You can do a more elaborate setup if your budget permits, but more lights require little strategic placement planning.
What Is The Best Light For YouTubers?
Natural light remains to be the best light for capturing YouTube videos, just like any other type of video or stills for that matter. However, the limited time and high variability of natural light sources are simply too tedious and perhaps even time-consuming to achieve, unless you’re always in a sunny or well-lit space.
Thus, the LED lights with variable temperatures are the next best choices for YouTubers to convey each mood accurately. Moreover, these can be used for both indoors and outdoors shooting. If your budget permits, you can opt for LED lights with advanced settings so that you can operate the unit even with just basic knowledge of photography.
What Is The Best Way To Setup Lighting For Filming A Video Using A Mobile Device?
AA three-point lighting effect is best for filming a video. So, this is the most basic set up using three lights in various positions. The key light is of the highest brightness and is the primary source of light, and its placement is about 45 degrees above and 45 degrees to either left or right. Fill light is a softer light and is positioned opposite to the key light, and its primary purpose is to fill shadows. The backlight or rim light adds depth by suing soft glow on the background, and it is placed out of the shot.
Which Is Lighting Work Better For Photos? Natural Light Or Artificial Light?
Natural light is best for photography. However, only a small window of lighting is entirely usable, and that also puts your work highly subject to sunlight. Professionals prefer early morning light for portraits. Once that golden hour passes, you will have harsh shadows cast on you, particularly around noontime. Working with natural light requires a lot of patience, experience, and persistence. Almost the same or sometimes better results can be replicated using artificial lighting, that is, if you find the right product that can perfectly mimic natural light. That way, even under a controlled setup, you may still achieve consistent lighting for your stills and videos without having to wait for the sun to shine through. In any case, you can also use a combination of both, but this requires a professional set up of a few other pieces of equipment.
You can look presentable in videos only if you have the best lights for streaming to light up your face and surroundings. There will be a significant difference in your appearance, and you will find better confidence when you look bright. Generally, the proper set up gives you or your subject of interest an enhanced look.
We hope you have found the perfect light for streaming that fantastic video or that flawless picture of yours, which you were excited to shoot.