The ladies know too well the struggle of achieving a perfect look and that can be more easily achieved by having the best lights for makeup installed. Without good lighting, makeup can look stunning indoors but appear much less flattering under natural light. That’s why to avoid beauty disasters, it’s a must to be meticulous about buying only the best light bulbs for makeup.
Best Lights For Makeup Review
Do you know what your bathroom or dresser might be missing for that perfect makeover or slight touch up you need whenever you need one? Perhaps your personal beauty space needs a makeover, and what better way to start upgrading its look and feel than with great lighting for your vanity mirror.
Here, we round up 10 of the best bulbs to help get your makeup brushstroke right. Make sure to read through all the way to the end to find out everything you need to know when shopping for the best light bulbs for makeup at the price point that will be acceptable to you. For starters, the table below provides a comparison of all 10 products based on four of the most important parameters.
Best Lights For Makeup: Top 10 Products Reviewed
1. MLambert G25 LED
- Edison bulb that matches the retro or vintage style of your vanity space
- 2700k warm white light
- Lifespan equivalent to 20,000 hours of use
- Saves up to 90% of energy consumption vs. regular bulb
- Dimmable with 2700K brightness equivalent to warm white light
MLambert G25 LED (Dimmable Globe Bulbs) utilizes the latest G25 technology. It has a longer lifespan and higher heat tolerance compared to other products. Also, catch this — it emits up to 800 lumens while using up just 7 watts of electricity! Isn’t that great? Bright light doesn’t have to be hard on your power bill at all! These are the top reasons why the MLambert G25 LED is crowned the Best Overall in this list of 10 best lights for makeup.
- This product is dimmable, allowing you to set the lighting according to your mood.
- It may be safely used outdoors.
- The unit is bright and energy-efficient.
- This product does not contain any harmful substances like lead, mercury, UV, and Infrared, making it very eco-friendly.
- The material used breaks easily which may also pose safety issues.
- The design may not be suitable for dressers that are styled for a modern look.
2. Philips A19 LED
- Smart bulb and energy efficient
- Compatible with Alexa, Google Assistant, and Apple HomeKit
- Lasts up to 25,000 hours
- Mercury-free and eco-friendly
- App-supported for remote and voice control
Since you are renovating, why not take it all the way? If you are transitioning to a smart home anyway, it is the only reason you need to go for smart bulbs for your makeup dresser too. Besides, you use that space everyday — at the very least, first thing in the morning and last thing before bedtime. So, spending a little extra to own the best lights for makeup and knowing that you have full control of it in the palm of your hands just makes it even more exciting.
- This product is energy-efficient, producing as much as 840 lumens for just 10 watts.
- The color temperature ranges from 2700K to 6000K for a wide range of lighting preferences.
- You can turn it on or off remotely.
- Brightness and color temperature are adjustable.
- It’s hip, modern and novel – simply great for showing off to your amigas.
- This product is built for indoor use only.
- It is relatively more expensive than most other bulbs you can install for your dresser.
- Seamless operation may require a hub, most especially if you are planning to install several of these bulbs at home.
3. Brightown LED Kit
- Elegant Hollywood look
- 10 durable LED bulbs included in the kit
- Brightness equivalent to 6,000 Kelvin
- Easy to install
- Multipurpose lights
Of all the products in this list of best lights for makeup, Brightown LED Kit is one of only two that comes with 10 LED bulbs. All of which are highly durable and long-lasting and yet this kit is still surprisingly affordable, which is what makes it the top choice for The Best Value. Despite being inexpensive, the bulbs appear classy and are nowhere close to looking cheap. The best part is that you get to light up your dresser in no time at all.
In addition, the total length extends up to 9.5 feet, which covers quite a considerable area. In fact, if your vanity mirror is not too wide, this length should be more than sufficient to cover all sides. Because of its aesthetic, it’s ideal for dressing room mirrors, makeup mirrors, vanity tables, and can be perfect at parties and weddings.
- These bulbs are easy to install and do not require drilling.
- The bulbs deliver a high level of brightness.
- The set can be switched on or off just by touching the bulb.
- It has the capability to store and recall the last setting you used and automatically set that next time you use it.
- This unit is highly portable so you can pack it safely and bring it anywhere with you.
- The adhesive design of the bulb may not be aesthetic and possibly damage the surface of the mirror.
- Plastic material may not make it very durable.
4. AmazonBasics A19 LED Light BulbRead Customer Reviews Here >>>
- 75-watt bright bulb
- 1,000 Lumens
- Lifespan of 15,000 hours
- Gives 1000 Lumens of bright light immediately
- Delivers 2700 Kelvin which is equivalent to soft light
The AmazonBasics A19 LED Light Bulb delivers a powerful 1000 lumens using just 11.5 watts which is great! Since the light emitted can be very bright, you’ll probably need less units installed on your vanity space to give you good lighting to spot smudged lipstick or eye makeup that’s totally out of line. These are the top qualities that make this product the Best Value in this list of 10 best lights for makeup.
- According to manufacturer’s claims, this lightbulb can save you up to $104.78 over its lifespan.
- Highly recommended to use while applying makeup.
- It has a good, sturdy make which is durable and likely not to break easily.
- A major drawback is that brightness is not adjustable.
- You may notice a buzzing sound when the bulb is on.
5. Aooshine G25 LEDRead Customer Reviews Here >>>
- 2700 Kelvin color temperature
- Energy-efficient G25 LED
- High Color Rendering Index (CRI) for more vividness
- CE and RoHS compliant making it safer to use
- Perfect 500 Lumen lighting
This item delivers perfect lighting that is needed when applying makeup. As one of the best lights for makeup, one major benefit of having this light bulb installed in your dresser is that it gives your space a cozy ambiance that may be just right. That’s a plus if you don’t like your vanity light to be too bright which also tends to give you a falsely pale complexion. Moreover, this bulb can save you up to 90% on electricity consumption compared to most other similar products in the market.
- It has a high CRI which helps you see lines and creases on your face more easily.
- It is made using G25 LED technology so it helps you save more on electricity.
- The bulb surpasses the performance of any incandescent light bulb at less energy consumption.
- This product consumes less electricity although it only delivers about 500 lumens of light.
- It is capable of a 270-degree lighting coverage which guarantees zero chance of showing shadows.
- The brightness cannot be adjusted.
- It is more expensive than most other options in the market.
- The bulb heats up more easily compared to other brands.
6. Sunco G25 LEDRead Customer Reviews Here >>>
- Energy Star registered
- Dimmer to adjust the light
- UL certified
- SUNCO benefits – 5-year warranty
The vanity mirror lighting that suits a conservationist lifestyle, this product is eco-friendly. It does not contain mercury, and it does not emit UV and infrared radiation. Overall, it does not pose any risks to your health and wellness. For these reasons, Sunco G25 LED is listed as one of the best light bulbs for makeup
Safety is another reason why it makes it in this list of the best lights for makeup. This product does not heat up easily and hardly releases heat so you can keep your skin cool while perfecting your coverage. Even when it takes hours to get your perfect look, you can stay worry-free knowing your canvas won’t melt under this light.
- Multiple color temperatures and adjustable brightness help you set the mood.
- The bulb does not warm up easily.
- This product helps lower your electricity consumption by as much as 85% compared to regular bulbs, based on the manufacturer’s claim.
- It has a lifespan of 15 000 hours of use, longer than any ordinary bulb or incandescent light.
- This product is more expensive than most other LED bulbs you can get for your dresser.
- Bulbs create a humming sound when used with a dimmer from another brand
7. GE Reveal LEDRead Customer Reviews Here >>>
- HD Plus bulb
- Glamorous color contrast
- Delivers light equivalent to 2700 Kelvin
- Lifespan of 15 000 hours of use
GE Reveal LED filters yellow light to give way to white light. The latter gives you a crystal clear view and excellent color contrast. This product also emits an almost natural light which is very relaxing and appealing. As a result, it is ideal for applying makeup because it helps show the true colors of your makeup palette when applied to your skin. Also, its soft lighting feature will not hurt or cause irritation to the eyes. It is one of the most versatile products in this list of best lights for makeup application.
- The GE Reveal LED comes with 2,850 Kelvins and 570 lumens that provides an ideal range of soft to warm white lighting.
- The product provides a natural daylight effect.
- Each unit lasts up to 13 years.
- It emits less harmful chemicals compared to regular bulbs and incandescent light.
- Lifespan of this bulb may shorten when proper ventilation is not maintained.
- It may also be very noisy when used for a long time.
- The material is made of plastic which is not very durable.
8. EcoSmart A19 Non-Dimmable Basic LEDRead Customer Reviews Here >>>
- 840 Lumens and 5,000 Kelvin bulbs
- Daylight color temperature for cooler and stimulating lights
- This energy-efficient bulb uses 84% less energy vs. a standard bulb
- Flexible bulb for indoor and outdoor use
- 15-watts usage with 100-watt bulb brightness
This 8-pack bathroom light is ideal to use when applying cosmetics because it emits bright light of around 840 lumens and 5,000 Kelvin. Because of this, it has that lovely cool color that’s stimulating and appealing to the eyes.
It gives off a natural daylight shade that will enable you to see clearly and avoid overdoing your makeup. In addition, it also makes for excellent outdoor lights as long as there’s a space where these bulbs can be protected from the rain, sun, and snow.
For these many reasons, this product lands a place on this list of the best lights for makeup.
- May last up to 10 years
- It gives off a natural and cool light quality.
- Based on manufacturer’s claims, it only uses 84% of the energy used up by ordinary bulbs.
- It can last up to 10 years with an average use of 3 hours per day.
- Its bright and crisp light may not be relaxing to the eyes when used for a long time
9. TCP Decorative Globe Vanity LightsRead Customer Reviews Here >>>
- 25,000 hours lifespan
- Energy Star UL Listed
- High Color rendering index (CRI) for better light quality
- Dimmable feature
TCP Decorative Globe Vanity Light Bulb offers you the quality of a 40-watt incandescent bulb but uses up only 5 watts of electric energy. It will save you lots of money because the estimated annual operating cost of this product is only $0.60. That’s why it deserves a spot on this list of the best lights for makeup.
This product will easily complement any dresser space, mirror size or bathroom area. Furthermore, it gives off a consistent color of 350 lumens and 2,700 Kelvin for a soft white light that is helpful to your cosmetic application.
- Based on the manufacturer’s claim, this product can save you as much as $143 during its lifetime.
- Energy-efficient light bulb that delivers relatively bright light while using up just 8 watts of current.
- It may last up to 22 years.
- It emits a consistent brightness equivalent to 600 lumens.
- Users have notice constant flickering when using this bulb.
- You may observe a low, buzzing sound while this bulb is turned on.
10. TORCHSTAR G25 LEDRead Customer Reviews Here >>>
- It has an omnidirectional beam that lightens up any dark place
- High Color Rendering Index or CRI 80+ which shows colors more accurately
- 2,700 Kelvin soft white bulb
- Certified by Energy Star and UL
- Up to 22.8 years estimated lifespan
What makes this bulb a great addition to these 10 best lights for makeup list is that it is omnidirectional. That means it provides sufficient lighting to any dark place. And, it gives you the all-around illumination you need to achieve your stunning makeup.
Moreover, the light it emitted reveals an object’s real color due to its high Color Rendering Index or CRI. Thus, it helps you achieve the look you are going for with much more precision. In addition, this super bright bulb also emits a soft white glow at 2,700 Kelvin. Therefore, it is very soothing to the eyes. Furthermore, the manufacturer claims, using this product can result to as much as $1,155 in savings during its entire lifespan.
- It has an omnidirectional beam that provides bright light and helps prevent shadow castings.
- Light brightness and tone is soothing to the eyes
- It is durable and has a lifespan of approximately 22 years based on an average use of 3 hours per day.
- It can save you up to 88% off your energy bill.
- TORCHSTAR G25 LED is also UL certified which guarantees product safety.
- Some users also find it’s too bright.
- It has a bluish hue which may affect the color correctness of your reflection and makeup palette.
Best Lights For Makeup Buying Guide
People will spend money and time just to achieve that perfect look. Choosing state-of-the-art beauty products is among the top things to consider. However, selecting the best light bulbs for makeup is also highly crucial as these can just as easily make or break the most coveted final look.
Choosing from the products in this review of the best lights for makeup might help you both in your beauty care and save you money in the long run as well. For one, LED light bulbs are highly energy-efficient and these products also last longer than traditional bulbs.
Below are the key factors you need to consider when shopping for lighting equipment that will perfectly suit your makeup application needs:
Best Value And Comes With Warranty
Select the best light bulbs for makeup that demonstrate the best value and are covered by warranty. LED light bulbs used for makeup application are built to last for years, thus having a longer duration of warranty would optimize the value of money you spent.
Choosing plastic bulbs over its glass counterparts is highly encouraged by some makeup enthusiasts because they are cheaper. This is greatly applicable when you want to have a bulb with a higher wattage. Nevertheless, always go for an item that you know is made using the best quality materials available.
Can Fit Any Equipment Or Location
Choose LED bulbs that can fit anywhere and are compatible with any equipment to give you the ease of accessibility as well as convenience. That also means selecting from the best light bulbs for makeup products that won’t be obtrusive to your vanity space.
Of course, the best way to keep your space neat and tidy is to have your bulbs drilled with the sockets placed under rather than over the mirror. In any case, you can make life easier by choosing the ones that come with an adhesive installation.
Flicker-Free and with Silent-Dimming Features
The best lighting bulbs are those that do not flicker and create a buzzing sound. You know, makeup application also requires a lot of concentration. That buzzing sound may be okay for a while but, when you’re spending hours in the mirror getting your look fixed, it will likely become annoying.
As for the flickering part, you want a light that will stay steady for hours. Or else, you’ll likely be looking at a less-than-ideal makeup look plus end up with a really bad case of migraine.
Ideal Color Temperature
Kelvin scale is the mode of measurement for color temperature which estimates how much a product compares to natural daylight. The most recommended color temperature for cosmetics applications is in the range of 2,700 to 3,000 Kelvin. This will closely mimic the natural light emitted by the sun.
Natural light is believed to be the ideal lighting for doing makeup. It helps you see clearly without hurting your eyes. It is greatly spread out and gives a clear focus on the colors of the objects being illuminated.
Moreover, cosmetics must be applied in lighting settings that resemble natural lighting. It will enable you to view your true complexion and see where touch-ups might be necessary to make your skin flawless. Using strong, bright white light is discouraged as it fails to give you a real low-down on what’s good and bad about your skin and your facial features.
Higher wattage and lumens do not necessarily equate to the best lights for makeup. Remember that the best light for cosmetics applications must be soft and not too bright.
Super bright light might give you the wrong impression that you do not need heavy makeup to cover your imperfections when you need one. Thus, it would be better if you choose products with diffused lighting to evenly spread out the light.
Location Of Lighting
You must carefully plan out where you will place your light bulbs. It is common practice to have several lights installed in and around the dresser when applying makeup. Lighting up all sides of the face balances out the appearance of shadows and makes your reflection appear less sharp.
The best lights for makeup in this review all emit light that is sufficiently bright to prevent casting shadows randomly on your face which can affect proper makeup application. Proper lighting will give you the upper hand to achieve perfect makeup. Moreover, it will help you spot imperfections on your face that you need to cover and up to what extent you must apply your cover.
Adjustable Dimmer Controls
Choosing the best light bulbs for makeup that have adjustable dimmer controls will help you have a more precise makeup look when you are indoors and outside the house. By adjusting the lighting from time to time while doing your makeup, you get to check whether you are overdoing your look or you are still lacking something.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Are Warm Lights The Best Lights For Makeup?
A: Ideally, a neutral to warm natural light is better when you’re applying makeup. Warm light like natural sunlight can give an accurate reflection of the face, allowing you to see imperfections while applying makeup immediately. That’s why an LED with warm white light is the best when you want to have that perfect makeup look.
Q: Are LED Bulbs The Best Lights For Makeup?
A: LED lighting is a good option if you don’t have natural, warm light. However, it’s best if you consider LED lights that have a warm and natural temperature just like the best lights for makeup listed here.
Q: What Kind Of Light Should You Avoid When Applying Makeup?
A: Lighting that resembles natural light is the perfect choice when applying makeup. However, if this is not possible, you can always opt for natural, white light. Don’t use yellow, fluorescent, and rose colored lights.
Q: What Is The Ideal Light Range When Applying Cosmetics?
A: The majority of makeup professionals say that the best light bulbs for makeup are those that emit a natural daylight effect. This is best achieved when using a 2,700 Kelvin lightbulb which can be commonly found in LED bulbs.
Q: What Color Of Lights Should I Avoid When Doing My Makeup?
A: Do not use rose, fluorescent, and yellow lights. Rose colors warm up the skin but are not good for makeup because you cannot see what you are doing. It will also give you a fake glow which may cause you to put a very small amount of concealer on your face.
Fluorescent products are the worst as it pulls out all flaws on your skin. It is too bright and unappealing. It will make your skin appear washed out which might incorrectly prompt you to apply too much foundation, blush, and highlighter. Meanwhile, the yellow light will make you appear pale. Thus, you would end up applying too much concealer on your face.
For the most ideal lighting for colour application, keep this list of best lights for makeup and use it to help you reach a buying decision,
Q: What Is The Best Position When Doing Your Makeup?
A: It is highly recommended to stand directly in front of the light. Avoid standing directly underneath the lighting as it will cast a shadow, and you might end up putting a heavy make-up.
Q: How Can I Keep My Lighting Evenly Spread Out?
A: Ideally, when applying makeup, the lighting must be evenly cast across the entire face. Hence, makeup artists love to use ring lights because these create an even distribution of lighting. You may also use wall mirrors with built-in lighting bulbs to give you the same effect. Again, the key to good lighting is by selecting the best lights for makeup which you can take from this review.
Q: What Are The Effects Of Lighting On Our Skin Tone?
A: Choosing the best lights for makeup is very crucial in applying the right amount of makeup on your face. Lighting that is too cool or warm will lead you to apply the wrong shades of cosmetics which results in a beauty disaster.
Q: What If I Need To Use LED Light Bulbs For A Long Time For My Makeup Project? Will These Overheat?
A: Your LED light bulbs might build up heat when used for longer periods. However, these products are designed to withstand such high temperatures. If you know how to properly manage your product, then you will be able to avoid overheating. You may ask for assistance from the manufacturer’s website or office personnel for more information.
Q: Can I Use My Makeup Light Bulb For Other Purposes?
A: Yes, definitely! In fact, all of the products included in this review of the 1o best lights for makeup can be installed for a wide variety of uses, mostly indoors only but some can be used outdoors. Just make sure to read the product specs and manufacturer’s instructions to make sure that you are using your bulbs safely and only for its intended uses.
Q: Which Are The Best Lights For Makeup? LED Or Fluorescent Bulbs?
A: When you choosing a bulb for your vanity mirror, you have to take note that the more natural the light source is, the better it is for applying makeup. Using an LED bulb creates lighting that’s closer to natural daylight and will be brighter. LED bulbs are 70 percent more energy-efficient compared to traditional incandescent lighting.
Using the best lights for makeup when applying your makeup look is a tall order if your goal is to achieve precision with every stroke. You need to have the best lightbulbs for makeup installed in your beauty space that closely resemble natural daylight. This will ensure that you will not go overboard on applying your makeup. Lighting that gives a natural effect is also relaxing and soothing to the eyes even when used for longer periods. To achieve these, choose from any of the products listed in this review.
It’s the same topic , but I was quite surprised to see the opinions I didn’t think of. My blog also has articles on these topics, so I look forward to your visit. slotsite
I am an investor of gate io, I have consulted a lot of information, I hope to upgrade my investment strategy with a new model. Your article creation ideas have given me a lot of inspiration, but I still have some doubts. I wonder if you can help me? Thanks.