If you are still undecided about choosing the best dusk to dawn lights, you are definitely in luck as we are listing out these 10 best lighting fixture finds in the market now.
These dusk to dawn lighting packs plenty of benefits, which makes them a must-have in any home or office exteriors (and even interiors!).
Having an outdoor lighting fixture installed proves to be of great benefit for us in so many points.
Not only do they light up central parts of the house, but they also make navigation around dark passages easier and less intimidating.
By having them, you can also ensure the safety of your abode. Nobody would want to break in a fully illuminated place after all.
Dusk to dawn lighting has been gaining increasing popularity worldwide.
Comparison Table of Dusk to Dawn Lights
They are longer lasting compared to the traditional LED lights, more cost-effective, more user-friendly, and generally more convenient.
You don’t have to be anxious about leaving your switch turned on while you are away on vacation.
Considering there are various popular options like Phillips, TCP, Feit, Lohas, and many more, choosing the perfect one that suits your needs might be difficult.
Read along as we highlight 10 of the best products you can find in the market right now.
10 Best Dusk to Dawn Lights Reviews
01. LED DUSK TO DAWN LIGHT – BRIGHTEST ON AMAZON – Very bright feature perfect for all purposesRead Customer Reviews Here >>>
This product boasts a 70-watt LED or approximately 10,000 Lumens output.
This very bright feature makes it the perfect outdoor choice, especially for security purposes, as it can provide exceptional light surface coverage.
Not only that, but it can also be used as the ideal LED light for barns, garage, parking lots, and even as alleyway lighting fixtures.
They are also very long-lasting, with a rating of 50,000 hours and more life span.
This energy-efficient LED yard light is specially designed to save on electric bill cost, which makes it a perfect choice if you’re looking at lowering your monthly electricity consumption.
With an IP68 rating, dust and bug resistant, additional feature, it’s a heavy-duty brand with durability and affordability in one.
02. TORCHSTAR DUSK-TO-DAWN LED OUTDOOR BARN LIGHT – For energy efficiency and quality assuranceRead Customer Reviews Here >>>
This dusk to dawn light brand is highly efficient and economical. Packing only a 35 Watts usage, it can replace a 250 Watt traditional incandescent light with even broader light coverage.
These energy-efficient product packs are even more additional cost-effective features, being it DLC certified and ETL listed for higher quality performance and safe operations.
With it’s dusk to dawn photocell inclusion, it ensures convenient operation with less hassle and more savings in the long run.
Thanks to this nighttime auto ON and daytime auto OFF factor, this LED barn light can last up to 50,000 hours.
Additionally, it’s a waterproof and dustproof item making it the perfect choice for everybody’s various outdoor lighting needs.
03. AMICO DUSK TO DAWN LIGHT LED OUTDOOR FLOOD LIGHTING – Ideal Security LightsRead Customer Reviews Here >>>
By replacing the typical 180W halogen with low usage of only 20 watts and 18000 Lumens output, it’s a great steal that could save 88 percent of your electricity consumption.
This bright lighting fixture is an excellent addition for your garage, workshop, storage, and equipment rooms.
Amico dusk to dawn light can withstand even very extreme weather conditions thanks to its IP65 waterproof outdoor capacity.
The built-in photocell sensor has excellent light sensitivity that allows illumination from dusk to dawn.
It also shows off an adjustable body fixture with 360 degrees’ rotation and 180 degrees full sensoring option.
With a comfortable twist lens hood, light heads, and even the motion detector, getting the perfect lighting direction has never been easier.
04. BRIGHTECH LIGHTPRO LED YARD LIGHT – The cost-effective, heavy-duty outdoor security lightRead Customer Reviews Here >>>
With an IP65 waterproof rating, this LED light is specifically built for wet environments and can hold under extreme weather conditions of 40 to 113 degree Fahrenheit.
It operates under a color temperature of 5000K with only 56 wattage consumption, more excellent light production minus the high energy consumption.
It is also ETL certified so you can rest easy in terms of quality and overall safety.
This LED light has a 15-20-year life span, making it very cost-effective as you do not have to keep changing your lighting fixtures.
Additionally, the bulb has a built-in feature that adds to the sturdiness and overall durability of the product.
It’s dusk to dawn feature is almost foul-proof – perfect for anybody looking for convenience and durability altogether.
05. BOBCAT LED AREA LIGHT –The perfect yard light with replaceable PhotocellRead Customer Reviews Here >>>
This powerful 80 Watt LED fixture has an average of 45 ft. Mounting elevation. Even so, it can illuminate a significant deal of area, which makes it an ideal outdoor barn or yard light.
Bobcat LED has made massive upgrades of its product by providing free replacement photocells for up to 10 years. It also has a 50,000-hour life span. Talk about economical!
Additionally, with its eco-friendly dusk to dawn photocell, it can reduce up to 88% energy consumption versus usual mercury counterparts.
One can never go wrong under its UL and DLC certification and IP65 rating for standard wet location. It’s a great money saver for everyone.
06. CINOTON LED WALL PACK LIGHT – For non-photocell optionRead Customer Reviews Here >>>
This bright and durable light is an ideal option for commercial, industrial, or residential fixture needs.
It’s a perfect alternative to the standard 150 to 250 metal halide competitor, which allows you to save approximately 70% on electricity consumption.
Cinoton LED is IP65 certified waterproof and provides 5000K daylight, which is ideal for general outdoor illumination.
With its 3000 Lumen illumination, it’s good enough to brighten walking paths but not so harsh to cause flash blindness.
It is also great for indoor use, such as storage rooms, stairways, workshops, and many more.
It features vibration resistant capacities and is free of mercury. Say goodbye to those annoying flickers!
07. HYKOLITY DUSK TO DAWN LED LIGHT – For Outdoor Wall Mount FloodlightRead Customer Reviews Here >>>
This dual head security light is the perfect choice if you are looking for a flexible LED fixture.
With its bendable lens hood and lights lens, you can adjust it to any position desired for maximum efficiency results.
It’s motion detection sensor, and dusk to dawn feature with internal photocell allows unmatched maximum convenience and minimum energy wastage.
The cast aluminum housing is dust and erosion resistant, which makes this product ideal in any wet location.
It also has an added waterproof IP65 capacity – the standard quality you should all be considering when looking for an outdoor lighting fixture.
Moreover, it has a 2200 Lumens Illumination output in a 5000K daylight white and a 50,000 hours estimated long life. You can save a staggering 80 percent on your monthly electric bills.
08. BbOUNDER LIGHTPRO LED BARN LIGHTS DUSK TO DAWN OUTDOOR AREA LIGHTS – Ideal Floodlights choice for Yard StreetRead Customer Reviews Here >>>
The BbounderLightpro LED D2D is a great find and ideal for various commercial and residential lighting needs.
It brags an energy-saving efficiency of up to 80% with a 70 watts usage and 9800 Lumens illumination ability.
With up to 15 years’ lifetime, you can get your money’s worth and more with this product.
The weatherproof design helps maintain the durability and added savings from regularly buying replacement fixtures.
It’s also certified by DLC and ETL, so you are assured of its quality and safety.
This heavy-duty IP67 Waterproof LED has a robust housing which further ensures its ability to last and withstand several conditions.
It can be installed easily using any mounting arms. It’s highly advised to be installed at 12-30 ft as it would still get a light coverage of up to 106ft x106ft.
09. LEONLITE 7W LED DUSK TO DAWN BARNLIGHT – For Weatherproof NeedsRead Customer Reviews Here >>>
This is another energy-saving, and low wattage consumption dusk to dawn LED fixture that’s perfect for patios, yards, garages, and other applications.
It has a highly durable build that features anti-shock, anti-corrosion, and heat depletion. It’s the perfect LED in places with extreme weather patterns.
It can still work at a temperature under -4 to 140 degrees Fahrenheit. The waterproof IP65 high certification makes Leonlite LED hold out against heavy rains and even sandstorms.
This LED can fully illuminate a dark environment and has a coverage of 51 to 92 feet in diameter when mounted at the height of 19 to 27 feet.
With a lifespan of 50,000 hours, it can save up to 87.5 percent of electric bills. Its corrosion-resistant housing permits longer-lasting longevity while maintaining quality performance.
10. VGOGFLY SENSOR LIGHT BULBS DUSK TO DAWN LED LIGHT BULBS SMART LIGHTING LAMP – For lightweight and sensorized D2D LEDRead Customer Reviews Here >>>
The lowest wattage consumption of 7 Watts in this list, this tiny LED Bulb packs a built-in light-sensitive sensor that earned a spot in this review.
In comparison to other traditional incandescent bulbs, this product cuts electricity consumption to a higher cost, making it energy and cost-efficient.
It’s the perfect light fixture to install in patios, gardens, stairways, yards – basically anywhere outdoors and indoors.
Vgogfly sensor light bulbs have a distinctive cooling feature that allows more extended life and sturdiness.
Not only that, the built-in sensor allows higher light sensitivity capacity, thus allowing the bulbs to automatically turn on and off, depending on the light it detects.
With a sensor angle of 180 – 220 degrees, they are a must-have in every home.
11. Lakumu Art Deco Outdoor Lantern Porch LightRead Customer Reviews Here >>>
For homes built and styled in Art Deco style, this will be both a designer piece and the next most welcome functional addition to outdoor spaces. With an aluminum frame and body and seed glass, this unit has been thoughtfully created to last harsh and extreme outdoor conditions longer than most other outdoor lamps.
Add dusk to dawn outdoor lighting and security with flair and style with this lantern from Lakumu. The deal becomes sweeter with a 3-year warranty coverage that very few other manufacturers can match.
12. Onforu 50W LED Outdoor Flood LightsRead Customer Reviews Here >>>
Adjustable lamp heads make it possible to cover specific areas over a larger space. Combined, all three heads are capable of covering as much as 120 degrees of space with ample lighting. Sensitive photocells automatically keep the unit shut at the first light of morning, and switch it on at the first sign of darkness.
This unit can be safely installed in areas without roofing. With IP65 waterproof materials, this product is built to last under constantly changing extreme outdoor environments. Back materials are also designed to dissipate the heat produced by the LEDs and keep these from overheating.
Advantage of Dusk to Dawn Lights
It cannot be stressed enough how useful dusk to dawn lighting fixtures are for commercial, residential and industrial establishments.
Most homes have them installed for various purposes but mostly to provide illumination in dark outdoor areas such as alleyways, yards, gardens, patios, barns, streets, and many others.
They can also opt for indoor use altogether. LED lights are high as additional security features of a house aside from the conventional lock and alarm system.
Dusk to dawn LED lights are even better since they also provide convenience thanks to its automatic ON and OFF feature.
They are new generation lighting fixtures that are a great addition to any establishment.
Most dusk to dawn LED lights works via a built-in Photocell. A photocell works similar to a timer switch.
This switch activates and deactivates depending on the amount of light it receives, which is the primary process behind the programmed ON and OFF of this type of fixture. Some of the general features of D2D lighting include:
- Automatic sensor trigger
- Efficient and mostly energy-conserving
- General long lifespan
- Good light coverage
- Easily maintained
- Affordable and available almost everywhere
Also, there are many advantages to using this type of fixtures, compared to the traditional incandescent lights. Here are some, to name a few:
- Added Security: D2D LED illuminates enough to see a trespasser. Most burglars will not steal from a fully lighted compound, making it a cheap security investment.
- Extra Safety: You do not have to stumble your way down a flight of stairs or have a difficult time navigating alleyways or doorways. This can potentially increase overall security.
- Very Convenient: You do not have to worry or be anxious thinking about whether or not you left the switch to the garage turned on during your one-month summer vacation. They work on their own.
- Energy Saving: Most D2D operate under low wattage output, making them an ideal choice if you are looking to cut back on your monthly electric bill.
- Long Lifespan: Unlike non-LED counterparts, which you have to replace every couple of months, dusk to dawn lighting provides a longer-lasting power period, so one does not have to worry about buying replacement bulbs over and over in a short period of time. Some fixtures even last for 10 or 15 years.
- Various Options: Like any other, there are multiple types of dusk to dawn options available for everybody. You can decide which one to get considering the wattage, voltage, light coverage area, lumens capacity. As the list above, you can easily choose which one is suitable for you.
- Easy Installation Process: There are many DIY D2D fixtures available these days. Most of the time, brackets and screws are included in the package, as well as a thorough manual that everybody can understand and follow through. As the power source needs hardwiring in some cases, you can always call a handyman to get the job done. Installation does not take a day or two.
- Flexibility: These lighting fixtures are a great addition, not only outdoors but indoors as well. They serve a variety of purposes, which makes them a likely choice for different lighting needs no matter the location.
- More Savings: As mentioned, they are great alternatives to traditional lamps that consume much energy. Not only can you save money on your electricity cost but also on buying and frequently changing dead light bulbs around the house.
- Provides Peace of Mind: Combining all the advantages above, it’s clear to see how installing dusk to dawn lighting fixture in your place of business and residence provides such peace of mind to users.
Like anything else, careful consideration and extensive planning have to be done before installing dusk to dawn LED lighting in your abode. Finally, here are buying reviews for you before finally getting this trending fixture.
Consider Before Buying Best Dusk to Dawn Light
Heading over the hardware store or the internet searching for the best dusk to dawn LED light, establish what purpose do you want it to be first.
Is it for a tranquil place? Industrial? Commercial? Knowing up front where you wish to have it installed will save you time in the process as some LED light fixtures are manufactured for specific areas.
For instance, commercially distinct D2D can actually cost more than the residential ones just because of the added features and standard requirement necessary to have complied with any commercial establishment.
That is why knowing for what purpose it is should be considered first.
Familiarize Lumens (if you haven’t)
People consider watts when choosing the brightness of a bulb. For dusk to dawn lighting fixtures, it should not always be the case.
Watts is actually a measure of how much power bulbs use, whereas Lumens in the brightness indication of an LED bulb. And this is what you should look for.
For example, a 13W LED bulb will be as bright in Lumens as a standard 75W bulb. And since LED bulbs consume lesser power, it’s a favorite choice for energy-saving reasons.
So the next time you choose dusk to dawn light, find how much Lumens it has.
Dusk to Dawn LED is more expensive
It has been repeatedly mentioned in this article how much savings can you get by choosing the right D2D fixture; it’s more of a long-term investment and not an on-the-spot cut.
If any and LED bulb costs way more than other types of bulbs, but since they also last longer, you can get more money saved in the long run. Try to consider it a good investment.
Choose the Right Color LED
Come in a variety of colors. Some trendy choices are ‘warm white,’ ‘bright white,’ and ‘soft white.’ However, colors range like purples and reds, and various yellows and whites are also available in the market.
Many people like the yellowish hue of a standard incandescent bulb, so the ‘warm white’ color is famous as it emits the same color patterns.
Knowing the appropriate color hue also helps determine what kind of bulb you should get for a specific place. In general:
- Warm white is like the traditional bulb – yellowish in hue
- Soft White is brighter and fresher than the former
- Bright white has a more relaxed tone making it an excellent choice for task lighting
Look for Correlated Color Temperature (CCT) as well, as this relates to Kelvin (K) scale.
Just bear in mind that the lower the Kelvin is, the warmer and more yellowish the light while the higher it is, the bluer and cooler light will be.