For those who love infotainment, the double din head unit is a great way to keep up with the music and shows you love. The double din has more features than the single din, and if you are lucky to have room for the double din head unit, you should consider getting one for added functionality.
Even if your car comes with a decent audio interface, it might not be so excellent or up to your taste. If this is the case with you, then you need to consider getting a replacement for your din head unit.
Replacing the din head unit should not pose a problem to you. Where the problem might lie in selecting the best amongst the many in the market today. We have taken the time to help you go through some of the best in the market and have curated a list of some of the very best out there.
Comparison Table of Double Din Head Unit
|BOSS Audio BV9362BI|
|ATOTO A6 Double Din|
|Sound Storm Laboratories|
This way, you do not have to worry about selecting. All you need to do is explore the options below and see what suits your needs the most. Please note that the selection below is arranged in no particular order.
Top 10 Best Double Din Head Unit Review
1. LYTDZ-CA Double Din Car Stereo for iOS & Android
- Item dimensions: 7 x 3.26 x 3.93 inches
- 60 watts
- Compatible with iOS and Android
- 7-inch touchscreen interface
- 16-segment equalizer
We like it when products are made to standards and this double din stereo meets that. But, it doesn’t stop there. In case you had bigger room for a double din setup, it also comes with an extra frame that is larger and expands the unit to 186mm*116mm.
When it comes to its features, there are several points to highlight that just wouldn’t fit in here. I guess what we enjoyed the most is the capability it provides to let you take control of your mobile apps and even take a call at your convenience. All that control even while you’re driving, and safely do that from your dashboard, using your car audio speakers and the mic built into this player. How’s that for driving with joy in your heart?
It’s also not as expensive as other multiplayer units so you could use those savings to buy cameras for the front or rear or both, or save up sooner to get one.Read Customer Reviews Here >>>
- This car player supports screen mirroring on your devices for ease of operation while driving.
- Built-in mic helps answer calls conveniently and safely even while driving.
- Supports setting up of front view and rear view cameras.
- All purchases come in a standard sized frame with an extra frame that extends its size.
- After-sales and tech support is available for all product buyers.
- Challenges may be encountered during installation but you may call after-sales support.
- Front view and rear view cameras are not included and will have to be bought separately.
2. Pioneer AVH4200NEX 2-DIN Receiver
- Compatible with Spotify and AppRadio
- Can be used with Siri Eyes, Android Auto, and Apple Carplay
- Bluetooth for streaming and using handsfree
- The display is up to 7 inches
- Comes with a DVD/CD receiver
Read Customer Reviews Here >>>
Making the first on our list of the best double din head unit is the Pioneer AVH4200NEX, and it comes with very nice and cool features that you would love. The first thing you will notice and enjoy with this DIN is that it provides for your car a Bluetooth function if your original DIN has no Bluetooth.
It also gives you the luxury of picking your calls with the hands-free function in the car. Added to that is the ability to also have a wireless audio function for all your streaming needs in your car. It comes packed with the latest technology and has an amazing audio quality.
If you need directions on what to do using the book, you will find the manual very useful, as it details all the information you need to find your way around the DIN. What’s more, is that you will get it operating at 14 Watts RMS and has 50 x 4 channels too.
- Compatible with iPhone and Android
- Large Screen
- Built in amp and speaker outputs
- No navigation
3. BOSS Audio BV9362BI
- 6.2 inches touch screen display
- Supports DVD/CD
- Has Bluetooth connection
- Can be used for streaming
- Supports other channels like AUX
- Supports USB
- 80 watts x 4 channels
Read Customer Reviews Here >>>
Let’s start with the display of this Double DIN. It features a 6.2 inches touch screen display that affords you the ability to control your setting from the screen. If you are a fan or larger screens, then you might consider getting something a bit bigger.
With this DIN you will be able to support rear camera view on your car, and monitor movements behind you, to avoid accidentally hitting objects. The buttons are very easy to control and reach out to when you need to make changes to the settings on your media.
It has an interesting feature most other DINs might not present you with. While you get disappointed that some of the best DINs only support a 50 speaker, your worries and disappointment are ended with this DIN that can support 80 watts, speakers.
It has full support for up to four speakers. It also gives you the luxury of having other interfaces through which you can connect your device. You can connect through the AUX, use an SD card, as well as a USB flash drive or even play your favorite songs from your CD/DVD.
“ The display is not so large, and if you are a fan of big displays, this DIN might not settle well with you. You can try opting for something bigger.”
- High power output.
- Comes with a wireless remote control.
- Allows the user to fine tune their music.
- Built-in Bluetooth and navigation.
- The screen is not very responsive.
4. SJOYBRING Double Din Stereo with Voice Control
- 7-inch touchscreen interface
- 1024*600, 1080P video resolution
- 16-band equalizer
- Bulit-in rear view camera, with support for a front view camera
- Smartphone pairing enabled
When it comes to car accessories like multimedia players such as this product, road safety can always become problematic. That’s why when shopping for double din car stereos, it’s always best to take a closer look at how these products can keep you safe out there. After all, how many times have distracted drivers put themselves and others in danger on the road? You don’t want to be another statistic.
That said, we love all the features in this product that lets you take control over your media player as well as your calls while keeping your hands on the wheel. Built-in mic lets you use voice commands whenever you’d like to pull up a navigation map, receive an incoming call, dial somebody else’s phone, or simply want to skip to the next song. All of these might seem simplistic but when you’re driving, all of these little things matter in keeping you and others from running into road accidents.Read Customer Reviews Here >>>
- Built-in rear view camera has night vision features and no need to spend separately.
- Pairs with your mobile via BlueTooth and gives you control over apps, media, and calls.
- Control your music or any other media, and accept calls from the dashboard and steering wheel.
- Support iOS and Android operating systems.
- Voice control-enabled so you can stay hands-free and keep safe while driving.
- You may have to double check your car specs to ensure suitability of this product.
- If you prefer a front view camera, you’ll have to buy a cam separately.
5. Alpine iLX – 107
- The touchscreen is 7 inches
- Integrated with Apple Maps
- Comes with dual camera – front and rear
- Support the TuneIt App and CarPlay
- Has an amazing nine-band equalizer
- Comes with its amplifier
Read Customer Reviews Here >>>
Next on the list is the Alpine iLX which comes with incredible features. For those particular about wattage, it comes with 50 watts and four channels. What’s great is that you also get three pre-out with this DIN. It was designed for the with iOS users in mind. It works the best with iPhones.
With this DIN you are entitled to have a wireless Bluetooth connection to have your music, and other content played. It is not the regular, affordable type of DIN, but it sure is a worthy investment. It comes ready with cameras for both your front and rear part of the car. This way, you will be able to see objects before you hit them accidentally.
It is not some of the DINs that do not come with fully functional navigation. Like we said earlier, to enjoy this DIN, you must be a ready user of iOS. If you are familiar with the Apple CarPlay or TuneIt app, then you should be able to connect in minutes. Moreover, if you do not know how to connect, then you only need a few practices, and you will be good to go.
“It is also one of those DINs you cannot buy on a tight budget. You must make plans to invest in a good DIN such as this amazing Alpine iLX – 107 DIN.”
- Wireless connectivity with Apple CarPlay.
- Automatically detects iPhone on startup.
- Optimized for Pandora, Spotify, iHeartRadio, and podcast.
- Clearly indicates GPS and directions through Apple Maps.
- Rear view camera and iDatalink functionality sold separately.
6. PLZ MP-800 Double Din HD Multimedia System
- 7-inch touchscreen interface
- Comes with the standard 173mm*98mm mounting frame
- Pairs well with iOS and Android devices
- Built-in 170-degree angle rear view camera
- Supports installation of a front view camera
Just when we started thinking you’ll never get all of the amazing features included in this product at under $100, this double din stereo actually proved us all wrong! It does come with an important limitation that you need to know – it doesn’t work for all iPhone models other than iPhone 11, iPhone Xr, iPhone 8+, and other earlier models. It does, however, work seamlessly with Android phones regardless of brand or model.
If that isn’t a problem you need to contend with, we dare say this unit definitely gives you value for every penny spent. We’re pleased to know it comes with all the road safety features that are non-negotiable, plus a built-in wide angle, rear view camera. Other than that, we also appreciate that it’s built-in ready to feed to a second monitor and to host a front view camera in case you prefer to have one.Read Customer Reviews Here >>>
- Pair it with your phone and have the freedom to answer calls and make calls hands-free.
- Stream and control all of your apps by mirroring it to this multiplayer.
- All units come with the powerful Philips radio chip which gives you stable AM/FM reception.
- Wide angle, night vision enabled rear view cam adds to safety on the road and when parking.
- It comes with a built-in slot ready for mirroring to another screen.
- You may have to double check your car’s mounting system matches this unit.
- It isn’t compatible with all iPhone models, so better check what you mean to pair with this if you have an iPhone.
7. aboutBit Double Din Car Media Player
- Item dimensions: 69 x 3.77 x 3.03 inches
- BlueTooth 5.0
- 7-inch touchscreen interface
- Supports wav, avi, and wma file formats
- 1024*600 HD display
This product definitely gives you more value for the hard-earned dollar you’re spending for many reasons. First, with the latest BlueTooth tech running, you can wirelessly connect to your Android or iOS devices, access media, operate your apps, and even allow your passenger in the backseat to skip to the next song. Second, it gives you a better view of the vehicle’s rear with a built-in rear camera. It also comes with a built-in line to connect a front camera if you prefer. But, you’ll have to buy one separately.
What it doesn’t help you do is to take and make calls while keeping your hands on the wheel. Also, it is only compatible with Android phones and limited iPhone models including iPhone XR, iPhone 8 plus, and earlier models.Read Customer Reviews Here >>>
- It delivers all of the basic entertainment and safety features in a car multiplayer at low cost.
- A built-in rear view camera is included that automatically shows rear view when in reverse shift.
- You may control your media using controls on your steering wheel.
- Preset and built-in equalizers help you set the right mood across your media.
- Built-in infrared tech gives any of your passengers control over what’s playing.
- Front camera is not included in the package.
- It is only compatible with a limited number of iPhone models.
8. ANKEWAY Double Din Car Multimedia Player
- Product dimensions: 01 x 4.02 x 1.93 inches
- 7-inch touchscreen interface
- Built-in mic with voice command capability
- 1024 x 600 display resolution
- BlueTooth, WiFi, USB connectivity
This product is compatible with Android and Apple phones and tablets. So, in that department, you can be sure you’re totally covered and this media player will work no matter what OS you’re in.
There are other things to love about this car accessory. First, it’s great that it comes with a built-in rear view camera. This feature always comes in handy when you’re parking or backing up. Another thing we’re raving about is how easy it is to customize. So, if you want to see apps in there – the ones that you can’t do without –simply connect to the Google Play Store. This is one feature you don’t always get with a car accessory like this.Read Customer Reviews Here >>>
- Built-in mic allows you to control your devices remotely and hands-free.
- Receive and place calls without ever taking away your hands from the wheel.
- Control your media and apps using buttons on your steering wheel.
- Touchscreen is made using tempered glass, keeping it sensitive to touch while also adding durability.
- This unit comes with a built-in rear view camera.
- It doesn’t come with a front view cam although it is already set up to accommodate one.
9. ATOTO A6 Double Din – High-Performance
- Comes pre-installed with Google Maps
- Support 45 watts speakers x 4
- Rear camera support
- Device mirroring on screen
- GPS navigation
- Supports both Android and iOS
Read Customer Reviews Here >>>
The ATOTO DIN is similar to the Corehan DIN in its form of resembling a tablet. However, the difference is that it is suited for both Android and iOS users. This DIN runs on android 6 and comes with settings that automatically keep upgrading to meet the compatibility of your phone.
One thing you will love about this DIN is how you can mirror your device’s screen, whether it is android or iOS. Another great functionality it provides you with is the ability to navigate using the GPS function and pre-installed map from Google.
When it comes to sound support, it can support 4 45 watts, speakers. It comes with four different pre-out to help you make the sound quality better. If you need to run a copy of your Android or iOS device on the screen, the screen mirroring option allows you to do so.
Just so you don’t need to bother about your device is old, you will have the setting of firmware updates that run continuously. If you need a backup camera input, you can also get one with this DIN. It promises to be very efficient and great value for your money.
“It supports only 45 watts speakers, that might be a disadvantage to you if you are using any speaker higher than 45. You can get a DIN that supports higher watt if you need to continue using your DIN.”
- Good sound and clear HD videos.
- Excellent visibility both at night and during the day.
- Back-up camera works well.
- Includes a 256GB micro SD storage.
- The head unit doesn’t have a video output.
10. Sound Storm Laboratories DD988ACP Double Din Car Multimedia
- 75-inch touchscreen interface
- Built0-in mic, voice command enabled
- Compatible with Android and iOS devices
- Navigation map app
- Built-in rear camera
Do you require more than the basic functionalities of a car multimedia player? In that case, check this out. It comes equipped with a built-in rear view camera, and mic for voice commands and for managing your calls – well, hands-free of course!
The apps are fully customizable or, you may also just mirror the ones you have on your Android device or iPhone.Read Customer Reviews Here >>>
- iPhone users can activate apps with voice commands, even ask Siri to read your text messages.
- Call and receive calls remotely with built-in BlueTooth technology.
- Built-in equalizer and audio controls make car entertainment extra special for a smooth ride.
- Control all your apps using the buttons on your steering wheel.
- Rear view camera promotes safety when parking and backing up.
- This unit may only keep a stable connection with Google maps but not any other navigation system.
- Screen display resolution and size are lower than average values.
Best Double Din Head Unit Buying Considerations
DINs come with lots of exciting features, and you might often get overwhelmed by what you see that you might forget what you are meant to buy according to your needs.
Despite the cool features that exist, there are basic functions that DINs are meant to perform, and you will be able to follow this guide in following the most basic functions. Below are some of the things you need to pay attention to when buying a DIN.
The DINs are made to perform to be compatible with either android phones or iOS devices. The type of connection depends solely on the type of DIN. You will notice that some DINs are made to work with a specific type of device, while others are made to work with both devices.
Based on your needs, you can select the one you want. If you are using iOS, then you need Apple CarPlay support, but if you use an Android Device, you need Android Auto.
They are both very similar in function but offer a more native experience to the particular device in question. To have a DIN that has both features, you will need to understand that you might have to pay very a good amount for it.
If you do not want to bother yourself with either of the two types of connections, then you can opt for something more different. There are other methods through which your device can be connected to the DIN.
For example, some DINs support the use of USB, while others will allow you to connect using an AUX cable. Then again, you have the option of also connecting with Bluetooth.
Although you might not enjoy the Bluetooth sound because of the processing that has gone into it to be able to be transferred through a wireless means, you will have that option to connect your device.
However, there are different upgrades to the Bluetooth types, and you will barely even notice the reduction or loss of quality.
With the double DIN, you have more options to do what you would not have been able to do with the single DIN.
Part of the added functionality you can enjoy with the double DIN is a larger screen size to be able to cover video. Now you can choose to watch a video or use it for your rear camera footage.
It depends on the type of DIN you purchase, some of them can help you switch between video mode and rear camera mode when you are reversing your car.
Please note that to connect your DIN with the rear camera you will have to buy your camera and work the wiring to enjoy the full feature.
Anything worth doing is worth doing well, so a word of advice would be for you to take your time in purchasing a very good camera.
If you are the type of person that has navigation as an interest, then you need to purchase the DIN that has a Navigation option. Even though you can use your device to get navigation, it might not have as much reception as the DIN.
Also, with a DIN, you can focus more on the road while you take a look at the screen from time to time to measure the distance. Get the good DINs that have a GPS feature to help direct you to the places where you might have trouble finding on your own.
If you must look for navigation, then you have to look for things like the display type of the map. Some are in 2D while others are in 3D.
A good DIN will also have the ability to update by itself regularly. It should have features such as voice, assisting you with lanes and directions, tell you the speed limit of a particular area.
Moreover, should support various languages. You should also not forget to look out for traffic report in your navigation enabled DIN. All these features make for a good navigation DIN.
Next thing you need to consider very carefully when you need to get a DIN is the price. There are good DINs there, and we have also mentioned a few that are excellent budget DINs for those who want a fair quality at a pocket-friendly price.
If you still wish to have all the functionality at a very affordable price, there are DINs that you can find that provide you all the basic functions.
However, do not forget that the price is a way of showing its quality. It would be best to save and invest in a DIN you will use for a very long time.
The ease of installation should be another consideration you should look out for when seeking to get a DIN. There are awkward methods of removing the DIN before replacing it, and it can damage your DIN.
What you need to do is to use the normal screwdrivers to remove and replace the DIN. Make sure the DIN fits the board well. If your DIN uses radio keys, then you need to take your time and purchase the radio keys to be used.
It depends on the type of vehicle you use, follow normal procedures if you need to replace your DIN, even if it entails you removing the car interior. Some cars don’t even have the space to install a double-DIN so it is up to you to get a new dashboard kit so that your DIN can fit.
Frequently Asked Question About Double DIN Head for Vehicle
Here are some of the most frequently asked question with regards to the double DIN. If you have any other question not captured in this section, you can ask the dealer or an expert to help you with the question, and you should get the answers to all of your questions.
Q: Do all DIN support Bluetooth?
A: Ideally, most of the advanced DINs in the market today support the Bluetooth function. With this function, you can pair your phone with your DIN no matter the type or the model. You will be able to have access to wireless streaming and hands-free services too.
If you find out your DIN doesn’t support Bluetooth. It could either be that the DIN is not functioning well or it is not made to support it. You should check and be sure that what you buy is what you get.
Q: does a Double DIN fit any Dashboard?
A: It is very tricky for you to think that your double DIN will fit any dashboard, especially if you see them displayed in the adverts. This is not entirely true. Not all DINs can fit the dashboard. Some Dashboards were not made with enough space to fit a dashboard.
However, if you must use the particular type of DIN you have purchased, then you might think of changing your dashboard kit.
This way, you will be able to enjoy all the benefits of the premium DIN you have bought. You should know that you might have to pay a little more to have this fixture made.
Q: Can I use an Android DIN with an iPhone and Vice Versa?
A: the answer to this question is contextual. You can use an android device with a DIN that is made for both Android and iOS. If the DIN doesn’t support android, then you will not be able to access some of the essential features of the DIN-like screen mirroring and other native functions.
But not to worry, if you have to connect with the DIN you can use Bluetooth to connect to the DIN and get what you want from it, be it audio, or streaming.
It is very good for you to know your needs before venturing into buying a DIN you have to make sure you buy the one that accepts both Android and iOS if you use both devices.
Q: What is the Difference between a double DIN and a single DIN?
A: The major difference between both DINs is their size. Ideally, the single DIN only has a measurement of 7 by 2 inches, which is small and doesn’t allow for more great features.
The Double DIN, on the other hand, are great and have a better screen size of 7 by 4, and they allow a larger output on your screen.
This screen size is the sole reason why there are lots of extra services that are supported on the DIN. Because, of its size, you can also be entitled to watch movies and videos. You can also add cameras to be displayed on the DIN when you need to reverse.
Q: What is the ideal DIN for my car?
A: There are many different car models out there, and there are many different DIN designs. The question of which DIN would fit your car is dependent on the type of car you use, the budget you have, and the needs you want your DIN to meet. There is no rule to what DIN is ideal.
We all have different tastes and opinions about things. You need to sit down and decide on what exactly you need in a DIN after you have discovered that, you can proceed to get the types of DIN available and what type you can afford. Once that is settled you can now tell which DIN is ideal for you based on several reasons.
Q: Do all DINs come with radio?
A: The answer to this question is a big NO. Not all DINs comes with the radio function. So that might be something you want to look out for when you are trying to purchase a dean for yourself. If you see that you DIN has no radio, then you should not purchase it if that is the major reason why you are purchasing it.
It is important you look out and see if the DIN you have selected as your best has the AM/FM radio feature described amongst its features. If you want to improvise, you can take use the radio on your mobile device and pair with the Bluetooth and see if it works.
Q: Will my Double DIN function properly without an antenna?
A: if you have a Double DIN that comes with an AM/FM receiver, then you should note that the antenna is essential in giving you a strong connection.
If you do not have an antenna, you might not get a smooth signal when you listen to the radio. You can find your way around it by streaming the radio. With this setting, the signal will be as clear as your internet connection, and at this point, you will have no use for the antenna.
In conclusion, if you have a single DIN and are already feeling limited by the functions and features it has, you should consider upgrading to a Double DIN.
It is straightforward and will give you little stress in changing (that is for those who are changing their dashboard kit).
Be sure to see if the DIN you are about to buy, although excellent, has the features that support your car. An example of such a feature has a DIN that supports a particular wattage of speakers. These details are what will create an interesting experience for you.